[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Oversaes Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Power Plant Construction Manager
Main Sail is currently seeking a POWER PLANT CONSTRUCTION MANAGER to support our client's construction effort for a Department of Energy project in the Southwest region of the US. This will be a 6-8 month project (or until project is completed) and incumbent must remain onsite for the duration of the project (a per diem will be provided).
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Job Location: Los Alamos, NM
Travel: Site Manager will remain onsite for the duration of project
- 10+ years of Construction Site Management experience
- Piping/Mechanical/Industrial/Power experience (current scope is installation and cx of 2x steam boilers and a 2500' natural gas pipeline)
- Must be able to provide detailed, high quality, daily reports documenting subcontractor planning, execution, quality and safety deficiencies
- USACE CQM-C experience and/or certification a plus
- Ability to participate in and contribute to preparatory and initial phase meetings and identify potential issues with planned work
- Ability to review work in the field against project drawings for deficiencies or items of concern
- Strong ability to manage project schedule a must
- Ability to review Primavera P6 schedules in PDF form or through "viewing" software
- Ability to review master, critical path and look-ahead schedules, review activity logic (predecessors, successors, constraints, etc.) and durations
- Ability to identify logic concerns, unrealistic durations, and review and report on planned work vs. actual work completed
- EM-385-1-1 (USACE Safety Requirement) a positive
- Site Manager will need to assist with coordinating effort of client Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO) with Project Manager and Regional Safety Manager
- Prior experience with DoE and DoD projects a plus
- Must be highly motivated and capable of operating independently with minimal guidance. Site Manager will be one of two client representatives onsite and may be involved in moderately contentious claims and delay discussions.
- Must be capable of interacting in a respectful manner with prime customer (Government), end user (Government contractor) and subcontractors.
- Ability to build productive relationships with parties above, considered a significant plus.