Country: United States
The Environmental Database Administrator is primarily responsible for providing immediate
database support to the Environmental Monitoring Technician, Lead Technician and Site
Supervisor. Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of a project site's Leak Detection and
Repair (LDAR) data management system. This includes preserving the accuracy, integrity and
security of all collected and reported data. This position is also responsible for supporting the
project's Site Supervisor with daily administrative tasks and proactively communicating issues of
concerns with various Summit Inspection and customer personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Perform all work in a safe and healthy manner. Ensure safe work practices are being
maintained by others, and actively participate in Summit Inspection Weekly Safety
· Report safety hazards, near misses and injuries per Summit and customer Health &
Safety policies and procedures.
· Become highly knowledgeable with the LDAR database management system being
utilized by the project.
· Assist and work directly with Environmental Monitoring Technicians and Environmental
Monitoring Lead Technicians by providing database support.
· Ability to work in a organized and systematic manner while working with large quantities
of data and interfacing with numerous team members.
· Ability to integrate quality control measures into daily work activities to ensure data
quality and accuracy are maintained at the highest possible level.
· On a daily basis:
- Build technician monitoring routes
- Upload and download data from handheld data collectors
- Track and enter data surrounding leaking components along with associated repairs
- For leaking components proactively communicate status and issues of concern with
- Summit, Operations and Maintenance personnel at the project site
- Review and enter field edits submitted by technicians
- Generate reports requested by customer and Site Supervisor
- Manage and close-out outstanding work orders
- Assist customer with database support issues
- Quality Control database for inconsistencies or pending compliance issues.
· Assist Site Supervisor with ongoing administrative support tasks like filing, office upkeep,
preparing timesheets, issuing communications, tracking monitoring schedules,
inventorying and replenishing supplies.
· When applicable, provide Notification reports (for 1 and 2 day leaks) as required by
project site. Distribute Outstanding Leak Report to various persons throughout the
project per site specific distribution requirements.
· When applicable, generate and distribute high Priority Leak Early Notification Reports
(for 1 and 2 day leaks) to key facility maintenance personnel.
· Manage/track LDAR identification tags turned in by Summit and/or project site personal.
· Communicate ideas for improving operations surrounding the project to the Site
· Create and maintain a site specific daily operational procedure manually/handbook.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Extremely highly level of knowledge surrounding Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR)
· database management systems, or past experience using database management
· systems and the ability to quickly learn and understand LDAR systems.
· At times position can be high pressured and require deadlines to be met with relatively
· short notice. Must have ability to work under these conditions in a deliberate manner
· while simultaneously supporting the needs of multiple team members.
· Proficiency in various types of basic software programs like Microsoft Word and Excel,
· Outlook email.
· Good understanding of Summit Inspections' Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and
· Health & Safety Management System.
· Ability to be organized and work in a systematic manner.
· Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal English.
· Ability to take direction and carry out tasks with minimal supervision.
· Ability to work well with others in a group setting.
Training and Testing Requirements
· Completion of Summit Inspections' pre-employment physical exam, drug and alcohol
· Successfully passing any site-specific drug and/or alcohol testing.
· Successful completion of any regional specific training programs associated by local or
· state agencies (e.g., Los Angeles County Refinery Safety Overview training program).
· When required, completion of Transportation Working Identification Credential (TWIC)
· program followed by verification via a TWIC card.
· Completion of Summit LDAR consent decree (CD) and EPA Method 21 training.
· Thorough review of Summit Inspections' SOP manual and Health & Safety Management
· Completion of Site Specific training programs, and thorough overview of all site specific
· rules, policies and requirements.
· Completion of general field overview of LDAR components & equipment (in field
Credentials and Experience
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Previous experience working with database management systems, large quantities of
data and commonly used Microsoft Office software.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
· Working at a desk and on a computer for prolonged periods of time.
· At the Site Supervisor's discretion, may be required to complete field work. This may
require carrying an air monitoring device, data logger, hand tools and miscellaneous
equipment that weigh about 15-20 lbs. The monitoring devices are carried in a
backpack. Other tools and equipment are carried on a tool belt or in pockets.
· The work involves ascending stairs, climbing vertical ladders, and working from elevated
heights (sometimes with personal fall protection equipment) while wearing equipment
· All outdoor work is performed wearing personal protective equipment (PPE), which
includes a hardhat, fire retardant coveralls, safety glasses, hearing protection, safety
boots and when required, a 5- point safety harness.
138 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.