Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Koontz-Wagner - Houston
Continuous Improvement Coordinator, AKA Lean Leader
Responsible for process improvement and implementation which support the Production, Quality, Project Management, Purchasing and Engineering departments. Under the direction of the Director of Business Excellence and supporting the Houston General Manager, the Continuous Improvement Leader will oversee the completion of tasks that increase productivity, consistency, quality and profitability of the entire company.
Essential Functions/Key Job Responsibilities:
* Evaluate and improve manufacturing processes while applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, tooling and leveraging Value Stream Mapping and other Lean and/or Six Sigma tools
* Identify areas to improve manufacturing efficiency and throughput by analyzing work flow, space requirements and equipment layouts
* Develop business case for any capital expenditures for cost improvements including but not limited to ROI and present ideas to management. Contemplates potential production, labor, and material cost improvements.
* Incorporate Lean manufacturing processes
* Lead Kaizen events and communicate wins
* Develop and drive continuous improvement initiatives at the site and across other Koontz-Wager facilities
* Support Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) processes. Analyze quality risk factors and develop appropriate product, process and tooling countermeasures
* Troubleshoot when needed for the Production and Engineering Departments
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt (Black Belt preferred)
* Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, and Visio
* Ability to read 2-dimensional drawings and analyze/interpret operational data including basic financial worksheets
* Knowledge of manufacturing processes, building design and electrical integration
* Basic project management skill set (PMP a plus)
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with experience leading cross-functional teams
* Strong analytical and process skills, demonstrated ability to resolve problems
* Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
* Action-oriented, ability to drive results with little to no supervision, and self-motivated
* Ability to multi-task to meet deadlines
* Demonstrates a motivation to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times to all employees and management
* Uses resources effectively to generate solutions; takes initiative when resolving problems.
* Demonstrates leadership and energy for continuous improvement
* BS/BA in Business, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience considered by management.
* 5-10 years prior experience in manufacturing, quality, project management or engineering.
* 1-3 years prior experience in packaged control house (or similar) manufacturing and design preferred
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
The above statements reflect the general information considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should be construed as a detailed description of work requirements which may be inherent in the position. I have received a copy of this job description and understand and can perform the essential functions of the job.
38 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.