Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 85387
Real Jobs, Real Green! Consider a career with Waste Management!
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. Get your foot in the door to an awesome future with Waste Management. We are hiring for a Sr. Plant Maintenance Technician in Surprise, AZ! We are also including a $1,000 Sign on Bonus!
The Senior Plant Maintenance Technician is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the operation of all plant systems and equipment. Including but not limited to balers, conveyor belts, gearboxes, electrical motors, pulleys, shafts, and bearings. The Senior Plant Technician responds to all system failures by taking appropriate corrective action and completing or assigning the repairs needed to ensure that systems are operational and are functioning safely and efficiently. This position is directly responsible for leading all Plant Technicians and reports to the Plant Maintenance Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned:
• Performs repairs in accordance with Waste Management's Safety and Life Critical Rules and OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) requirements.
• Performs preventive maintenance inspection (PM) diagnose, repair, and rebuild major equipment/components including but not limited to balers, conveyors, hydraulic power packs, eddy currents, electromagnetic belts, optical sorters, diverters, compressors, trash compactors, motors, glass breakers, wire tie systems, fans, pumps, forklifts, front-end loaders and building equipment.
• Maintains Daily Equipment Inspections (DEI) backlog.
• Establishes and adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules and advises Sr. Plant Maintenance Manager if additional work is needed or cannot be completed within the Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
• Recommends measures to improve production, equipment performance, and product quality.
• Responsible for inventory control, ordering of replacement parts, tools, and supplies through purchasing. Conducts physical parts inventories.
• Leads non-supervisory employees and other staff that may include contractors, consultants, and/or temporary employees.
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
• Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
• Ability to perform under limited supervision.
• Requires a flexible work schedule which may include nights and weekends to support operating schedule and the needs of the facility.
• Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
When you are a part of the Waste Management family, you join a team of the best in the industry - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our employees earn a competitive pay, great benefits - including a 401K plan, and opportunities for growth.
If you or someone you know has what it takes to join the Waste Management family, please apply today.
Waste Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
42 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.