Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: South Bend
Country: United States
Koontz-Wagner - South Bend
Summary: Based in the manufacturing plant they are a key member of the operations team. His/her major responsibility is to understand the different cost components and understand and explain variances to the project budget. He/she will assist the plant manager in the decision making process by providing timely analysis to achieve expected profitability.
Reports to the Vice President Finance and has dotted line responsibilities to the General Manager.
The most important metric for our plants is gross profit margins and this position makes an important contribution to, based on the following:
* Measuring production efficiencies
* Control direct and indirect spending
* Waste, warranty and rework
* Purchase price variances
Essential Functions/Key Job Responsibilties:
* Proactively support plant management in decision making
* Continuous analysis of project performance
* Analyze and explain variances
* Establish and update weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual budgets
* Review and approve invoices
* Determine profitability of CAPEX projects
* Establish monthly reports as defined by plant management and corporate accounting
* Responsible for identifying areas for improvement processes
* Assist in inventory management analysis
* Understand and trouble shoot the ERP system (Epicor)
* Ensure timely and accurate financial closing
* Responsible for month end reporting as assigned
* Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Applications
* Solid working knowledge of enterprise resource planning ERP tools
* Solid working knowledge of information technology, finance, accounting principles, compliance and communications
* Seasoned communication skills with ability to network with key decision makers
* Strong oral and written communication skills including professional presentation capabilities
* Proactive in presenting results to accounting and plant management; good team worker (plant, supply chain, corporate accounting, sales), flexibility required some periods of the year (budget) and month (closing); strong personality to discuss issues with plant management.
* Effectively operate as part of the plant management team
* Personal qualities which include a focus for continuous improvement, quality driven, high energy level and collaborative style
* Willingness to make decisions, exhibit sound and accurate judgment and make timely recommendations and decisions
Supervisory Responsibilities: Not applicable
Education: BA or BS
Experience: 5-8 years experience in Project and General Accounting
* Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
* Ability to type on a keyboard
* Ability to converse over a telephone
* Ability to work in office and perform in corporate/business unit environments
* Ability to physically climb stairs
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
30 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.