Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: South Bend
Country: United States
Koontz Wagner - South Bend
Electrical Project Engineer
This position is responsible for the design of electrical control panels and systems, preparation of detailed sketches and engineering reports, and the review and approval of drawings produced by drafting to ensure compliance with the design and specifications.
* Design electrical control panels and systems via AutoCAD and calculations.
* Interface with customers for review, scheduling and finished drawings.
* Create all basic structural, mechanical and electrical designs for processing.
* Process all material requirements based on final design.
* Provide technical support to staff at all levels.
* Resolve design or specification conflicts.
* Adhere to all quality assurance procedures related to design function.
* Value engineer for the best possible cost.
* Approve drawings and work of drafting staff.
* Schedule project in conjunction with Production Supervisor for fabrication.
* Release material requisitions to Purchaser.
* Perform function checks, testing and start- up as required.
* Provide customer with design status and technical data.
* Review final “as built” documentation for completeness and accuracy.
* Prepare master copy of O & M manuals.
* Initiate request for required changes to projects.
* Perform field start-up requirements where necessary.
* Prepare forms for Quality related to design function.
* Strong mechanical aptitude
* Strong oral and written communication and analytical skills.
* Extensive knowledge of high voltage electricity
* Working knowledge of Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Projects).
* Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
* Knowledge of power plant operations, including the interrelationship of engineering with operation and maintenance functions.
* Ability to interpret drawings, engineering and specification drawings.
* Knowledge of engineering standards.
* Ability to adapt to changing customer profiles and ability to work under pressure in a real-time environment optimizing use of time and resources while handling several projects simultaneously.
* Interact with individuals at all organizational levels to resolve internal and external customer issues.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive material.
* Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project
* Uses resources effectively to generate solutions; takes initiative when resolving problems.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to details.
* Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
* Ability to type on a keyboard and operate a PC.
* Ability to converse over a telephone.
Education, Training & Certification: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering required. Equivalent experience considered at the discretion of management.
Experience: Working knowledge of National Electrical Code. Thorough technical knowledge of product. Working knowledge of AutoCAD. Three to five years of experience preferred.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
90 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.