Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
This position is responsible for basic functions of procurement of materials and services, including interpretation of requirements, soliciting quotations, vendor recommendation or selection among pre-approved suppliers, and maintenance of records (in software and paper). The Buyer is also responsible for appropriate and professional interactions with suppliers and other stakeholders (internal and external) and for compliance with specified procedures and practices.
* Review requests for purchase (BOMs, requisitions, PO Suggestions from MRP) to verify accuracy and completeness of product and commercial specifications as well as appropriate approval and account numbers.
* Defer to or s olicit guidance from senior members of organization regarding vendor selection (Sr. Buyer or general management)
* Solicit, analyze and negotiate vendors’ proposals, including price, commercial terms, ability of product/service to meet KWCC specifications (technical and commercial), and select (or recommend) best supplier.
* Prepare purchase orders in ERP system and convey to suppliers. Comply with governing procedures regarding file maintenance and record retention.
* Expedite orders as needed to ensure timely material availability
* Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to resolve issues and errors:
- Accounting – price, quantity or other invoicing issues
- Estimating – assist in negotiations and vendor interactions
- Engineering – aid in ensuring accurate BOMs by providing feedback from suppliers
- Production/Operations – support schedules and assist in inventory management initiatives
* Support division and corporate procurement strategies and initiatives.
Assist management in ensuring efforts are made to achieve department objectives efficiently.
* Ability to operate PC with knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* Ability to use Epicor ERP system.
* The candidate must possess effective oral and written communication skills and attention to detail.
* Clearly and professionally communicates with internal and external stakeholders.
* Work collaboratively and professionally with colleagues throughout the organization, horizontally and vertically.
* Follows environmental and safety regulations and acts in compliance with US laws
* Complies with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics.
Education, Training & Certification :
Bachelor’s degree preferred, Associates degree and/or sufficient experience in a related field will be considered.
Experience in a manufacturing Purchasing environment preferred, but will consider related business experience with familiarity with MRP/ERP functionality.
This job description is a general outline of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
11 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.