Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: Macon-Warner Robins
Country: United States
Johnson Service Group is actively searching for a Tooling Manager for our client located in the Macon-Warner Robins, GA area. The position has a competitive salary, fantastic benefits and much more. This is a great opportunity to join an industry leader and work with some cutting-edge technology.
The Tooling Designer is responsible for providing design assistance and facilitating process development, new tooling implementation, and design in a team-oriented environment for the purpose of developing new products, standardizing existing product lines and supporting manufacturing
• Reviews engineering drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards
• Hands-on MasterCam programming and overseeing tooling department
• Works with Production to ensure quality and manufacturability of design and assists with tooling difficulties
• Tests new products and components to ensure form, fit, and function of design
• Communicates with outside vendors on tooling
• Plan and direct improvements department efficiency and productivity both from a CAD perspective as well as a process perspective through documentation and standardization
• Designs dies and equipment used for those dies
• Make geometry changes to existing engineering/manufacturing drawings as needed using SolidWorks and AutoCAD software
• Designs extrusion tooling, dies and equipment and prepares blueprints for the fabrication of extrusion tooling/dies at internal and external machine shops as needed
• Supervise and lead engineering, tooling, design, and maintenance functions within the organization
• Direct, review, and approve design of plastic extrusion tooling utilizing standard extrusion die principles
• Plan and direct the installation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment
• Oversee key projects and processes
• Recommend budgets to management, including staff, technology, facility, and equipment requirements or improvements
• 5+ years of experience with Solid Works and AutoCAD design programs as well as knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures relating to technical drawings and documentation
• Tooling & Design subject matter expert
• Proficiency programming with MasterCam
• Leadership experience preferred
• BS degree in Engineering or equivalent years of experience
*** Interested Candidates are Encouraged to Apply Now ***
41 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.