Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: West Point
Country: United States
Reply to Recruiter via Text Msg: 2514215505
Sirius Technical Services is seeking a Controls Engineer for a major manufacturing plant in the Golden Triangle MS area.
POSITION PURPOSE: To develop, modify and troubleshoot machine controls and processes to improve production efficiency, reduce waste, and reliability. Work with various phases of automated control projects such as: design estimating, soliciting quotes, negotiating contracts, developing schedules and budgets.
• Design electronic, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and/or pneumatic machine controls to increase productivity and quality
• Troubleshoot machine controls and processes to improve efficiency and quality
• Estimate and control projects, schedules and cost to insure timely installation and cost effectiveness
• Train production and maintenance personnel in all aspects of automation, controls, & communication protocols
• Develop schedules and budgets and create relationships with vendors to meet the schedule
• Analyze data and develop design and operational changes
• Prepare complete documentation files to include as built drawings and operational manuals
• Assist maintenance, production, quality assurance with traceability.
• Maintain working relationship with MIS to keep machine uptime at an acceptable level
• Able to spend time walking the production areas, talking with operators and maintenance associates, can climb 3 floors of stairs, able to climb ladders.
• Use small hand tools and meters for performing evaluations, calibrations, and troubleshooting.
• Ability to travel for training assignments to overseas facilities or corporate headquarters.
• Otherwise – limited domestic travel for educational, technical, or business related opportunities.
• 3-5 years related experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Past exposure through COOP, internship, or other opportunities in industrial /manufacturing environments with automation equipment, traceability and control.
• Also experienced with machine to machine interface and host PLC. Software, hardware, & networking knowledge beneficial.
• Analytical / organized / logical thinking
• Problems solving & troubleshooting abilities
• Technical expertise – continuous learner – mentor - coach
• Good oral and written communications – good listening skills
• Ability to work in cross-functional problem-solving teams
BACHELORS DEGREE – B. S. in ME, EE, or other technical related fields
50 page view(s)
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.