Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Koontz Wagner - Caldwell
Job Description Summary:
This position is responsible for the design of products & projects, preparation of detailed sketches & engineering reports, and the review & approval of drawings produced by designers & drafters to ensure compliance with the design, as-sold quote & customer specifications. Team member will work with the Project Manager to ensure communication regarding the project is consistent and concise. Responsible for the engineering, design & technical portions of the product design & project progression.
Essential Functions/Key Job Responsibilities:
* Interface with customers for review, scheduling and finished drawings.
* Create all basic structural, mechanical and electrical designs for processing, while working with designers & drafters.
* Process all material requirements based on final design.
* Provide technical support to staff at all levels.
* Resolve design or specification conflicts.
* Adhere to all quality assurance procedures related to design function.
* Value engineer for the best possible cost.
* Approve drawings and work with drafters & engineering staff.
* Release material requisitions to purchasing/logistics.
* Perform function checks, testing and start-up as required.
* Provide customer with design status and technical data.
* Review final “as-built” documentation for completeness and accuracy.
* Review operations & maintenance manuals to ensure completion & correctness.
* Review & ensure product Bills of Materials (BOM’s) are complete & accurate.
* Review & ensure electrical schematics & electrical one-line drawings are complete & accurate.
* Research, review & ensure cut sheets & electrical specifications are complete & accurate.
* Initiate & champion requests for required changes to project technical scope and product design.
* Perform field start-up requirements where necessary.
* Prepare forms for Quality related to design function.
* Ability to adapt to changing customer profiles and ability to work under pressure in a real-time environment optimizing use of time and resources while handling several projects simultaneously.
* Interact with individuals at all organizational levels to resolve internal and external customer issues.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive material.
* Ability to apply organizational skills on assigned projects.
* Use resources effectively to generate solutions, and take initiative when resolving problems.
* Excellent communication skills, both spoken & written.
* Excellent attention to detail.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Structural or Mechanical Engineering required. Equivalent experience considered at the discretion of management.
* Thorough technical knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC).
* Thorough technical knowledge of diesel generators & generator enclosures.
* Thorough technical knowledge of International Building Code (IBC).
* Working knowledge of AutoCAD (2D).
* Thorough technical knowledge & understanding of electrical circuit schematics & electrical one-line drawings.
* Three (3) to five (5) years of applicable work experience in the design & engineering of prefabricated structures & electrical enclosures.
* Thorough working knowledge Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Access.
* Thorough technical knowledge & understanding of welding (MIG mild steel) & metal fabrication, including shear, brake & plasma cut.
* Applicable work experience in project management and leading projects to successful conclusions.
* Experience with Underwriters Laboratories (UL 142, UL 2085 & UL 2200).
* Experience with National Fire Protection Association (NFPA 30).
* Experience with California OSHPD.
* Experience with Washington Factory Assembled Structures (FAS).
* Experience with Oregon Prefabricated Structures (OGS).
* Experience with Epicor Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
* Working knowledge of AutoCAD Vault Product Data Management (PDM).
* Working knowledge of SolidWorks (3D).
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
14 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.