Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Direct hire for Clinton, TN
Please send me your resume in word if you have not been submitted yet.
The Engineer will utilize their expertise in process design and suggest improvements of manufacturing, thereby increasing productivity and reducing over manufacturing costs. Responsible for identifying, designing, planning and directing assigned projects in the area of new or modification of facilities, new or modified machinery used in the manufacturing process. Write capital procurement and justifications. Create and maintain operations budget. Utilize Lean concepts to reduce costs. This position works closely with maintenance staff and outside vendors to complete projects.
This position requires an extremely perceptive person, who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. They must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work to identify specifications for incoming material required to meet process capabilities and implement monitoring systems or audit techniques to test the ongoing maintenance of this specification.
* Drive continuous improvement of processes through the development of improved techniques and/or identification of improvements to equipment, tooling and fixturing.
* Assess processes for their relevance, and assess the adequacy of engineering equipment.
* Keep abreast of the trend of technology, investigate, and install most effective methods of manufacturing to keep company competitive at all times.
* Design, install and commission new production equipment, monitor modifications and upgrades, and troubleshoot existing processes.
* Apply the principles of mass, momentum and heat transfer to process and equipment design, including conceptual, scheme and detail design.
* Measure variances to standards, identify out of control variances, investigate reasons, suggest solutions, install and follow up.
* Develop standard work for new processes.
* Manage projects from concept to completion; ensuring the project is done on time and within the allocated budget.
* Select, manage and work with sub-contractors.
* Support the conversion of small-scale processes into commercially viable large-scale operations.
* Utilize safety guidelines (e.g. OSHA standards) when designing processes and/or equipment.
* Work closely with other engineers to drive process improvements through Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
* Ensure the process works at the optimum level, to the right takt time and quality of output, in order to meet customer requirements.
* Develop, design and maintain workplace plant layout through the use of ergonomics, Lean Manufacturing Tools, handling devices, etc.
* Ensure that all aspects of an operation or process meet specified regulations.
* Work closely with other specialists, including: technicians responsible for the quality control of raw materials, intermediates and finished products; engineers responsible for plant maintenance; commercial colleagues on product specifications and production schedules; and machine operators.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Personal Trait Profile:
* Ability to utilize computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment including data entry, database management, and proficient in Microsoft Office software
* Stay abreast of new technologies and find ways to apply them to the facility.
* Ability to provide oral and written communication to all levels of employees within the Company.
* Ability to practice of a high level of confidentiality.
* Ability to organize and prioritize work
Required Education and Experience:
* BS in Industrial Engineering is preferred. Education and Experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
* Minimum 3 years. exp
* Knowledge of principles, methods and techniques in the design and operation of automated process control systems and their components.
* Knowledge of principles and methods of systems analysis, including business process and entity relationship analysis tools and methods.
* Familiarity with standard software packages, including Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Project Scheduler or equivalent), database and flow charting.
* Experience with CAD software such as AutoCAD, Inventor or Solid Works
* Experienced with applying Lean principles such as 5S, One Piece Flow, JIT, Judoka, TPM, KanBan and SMED.
* Knowledge of six sigma tools and methodologies preferred.
149 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.