PLC Technician (6573693)
Posted by: Aerotek on December 12, 2018 at 03:40:01.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: New Castle
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 47362
A local manufacturer for the automotive industry is currently hiring an Electrical Technician to support their New Castle team.
This person will help with PLC installations, machine breakdowns, and any electrical issues that arise within the plant. They will support electricians and staff to program, diagnose, and make recommendations for electrical systems.
- Fix production equipment and breakdowns, including electrical issues and PLC errors
- Wire motors, run conduit, install programs, and work hands-on with machinery for about 15-20% of their time
- Utilize Allen Bradley for industrial machinery and creating or changing Ladder Logic for codes
- Work primarily with electricians to learn and assist with machinery as needed
- Report major issues to the engineering team
- Experience working with computers and PLC programs
- Electrical experience and troubleshooting skills
- Allen Bradley experience preferred
- Ethernet experience preferred
- Engineering Technology degree preferred
- Ability to learn quickly on-the-job and be a self-starter
- Ability to work independently and maintain strong communication with the team
- Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm - overtime will be as needed
- Not climate control - it will be hot year-round
- Expect to work in dirt and dust
- Immediately qualify for company benefits, including 401k match, sign-on bonus, and potential education reimbursement
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
270 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.