[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 520160
Posted By: Sirius Technical Services
Posted On: 2019-04-14 00:04:01
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: [Project Engineer] Industrial Engineer
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
irius Technical Services is seeking an Industrial Project Engineer in the Southern Mississippi area for a direct hire/permanent position.
Involved in all engineering functions in engine assembly driving continuous improvements, lean principles and events, productivity efficiencies, material flow planning, & cost reduction initiatives. Aids in creation of and integrity of all process documentation, work content information, job rate structure and adjustments, and implements new parts, processes, or modifications to engine specification Bills of Material into active products. Develop procedures for engine assembly processes across multiple product lines that will yield quality products through robust processes to meet customer expectations. Analyze existing processes and propose/implement changes to improve quality or reduce cost of engines.
1. Reviews all new engine specifications for Design validation runs and production runs to ensure the proper component callouts match planned production intent, validate correct corresponding components match customer and engine specifications.
2. Reviews and completes, in conjunction with appropriate Manufacturing Engineer for the product, all engineering change requests to any current specs in the plant operations and marketing portfolio for the products produced at the Hattiesburg facility. Also ensures that all change requests are documented and communicated to appropriate operations and support personnel. Validates that correct processes and components are implemented on planned effectivity dates.
3. Develop and maintain labor staffing documentation by engine specifications and product lines. Review staffing requirements with operations, engineering and material planning teams in order to optimize labor productivity. Calculate correct labor rates by engine specification and maintain accurate rates and routings into SAP.
4. Using lean manufacturing concepts and tools, analyze present manufacturing sequence of operations and suggest and implement changes in method, machines, machine layouts, and material storage and flow plans. These changes should reduce cost and/or improve product flow to assure maximum quantity and quality from production equipment.
5. Assess process work distribution and line balance. Use time and motion study tools to improve assembly productivity. Optimize line efficiency for assembly rates required to hit targeted plans and forecast.
6. Works with materials teams and operations to develop and optimize material flow plans, line side presentation, racking designs, and work station design.
7. Conceives and plans engineering tasks to explore process issues and drive resolution through effective problem-solving techniques and action planning.
8. Works through receiving general direction but exercises discretion as to personal work details.
9. Develop Capital Planning Projects to improve capacity and product quality and reduce costs. Provide effective verbal and written communication to justify.
10. Execute plant ISO procedures for process change follow-up and post audits, along with providing technical guidance to other engineers and technicians.
11. Personally demonstrate and drive the Core Competencies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelorís Degree in Industrial Engineering, Industrial Engineering Technology or similar technical discipline is required.
Candidate must have at least 2 or more years of work experience in a technical and complex industry of manufacturing components and systems. Experience with manufacturing of technical components and systems in a high paced production environment preferred.
Time and motion study experience in a high volume manufacturing environment is required. Excellent skills with MS Office required. SAP experience, knowledge of/experience with manufacturing simulation software, problem solving, or experience in production of small engines or equivalent technology is considered a plus.
Interested candidates should send resumes to email@example.com and/or reach out directly for additional information.
Senior Technical Recruiter
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
3 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.