[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 524151
Posted By: Sirius Technical Services
Posted On: 2019-05-14 11:31:45
Email Address: email@example.com
Subject: [Process Safety Engineer] Process Safety Engineer for Direct/FT/Perm (Long Term) Role
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 35401
Reply to Recruiter via Text Msg: 2514592403
Process Safety Engineer
Currently seeking a Process Safety Engineer for a great opportunity in the Tuscaloosa, AL area. The ideal candidate will possess 3 to 5 years related experience with Safety Systems and/or Control Systems in a Process Safety Management covered facility.
***The ideal candidate will be open to permanent relocation and long term employment***
Responsibilities of the Process Safety Engineer
• Participate in Process Hazard Analyses (PHA) and Layer of Protection Analyses (LOPA) for refinery process units, including assisting with the identification and application of independent protection layers per the company’s LOPA procedure
• Perform consequence modeling using PHAST, ALOHA, or similar as needed for PHA, RMP, and blast studies
• Work with unit engineers and operations to develop preliminary (FEL1) AFEs to resolve PHA/LOPA recommendations in accordance with the company’s risk criteria
• Assist with the design and specification of safety instrumented functions, including performing Safety Integrity Level (SIL) verification calculations, as well as developing Cause & Effect matrices and SIS logic narrative
• Assist with the design and review of refinery loss prevention systems such as emergency isolation valves (EIVs) and fire protection systems
• Conduct PSV design basis review and perform relief calculations as needed
• Develop and maintain unit IPL and safety critical equipment lists as identified in the PHA and LOPA
• Participate in the company management of change (MOC) and pre-startup safety reviews (PSSR) processes to ensure company requirements and design specifications are met for SIS and other safety critical equipment
• Work with site maintenance to perform safety system proof test procedures throughout the refinery
• Investigate and track failures of safety instrumented functions and other safety-critical equipment using
• Assist unit process engineers with the development and maintenance of process safety information (PSI) as needed
• Ensure company policies for SIS are consistent with regulatory requirements
Requirements of the Process Safety Engineer
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
• 3 to 5 years related experience with Safety Systems and/or Control Systems in a Process Safety Management covered facility
• Refining experience preferred
• Experience with the Foxboro I/A DCS system, AB PLC's, and Triconex systems is a plus
• Functional Safety Engineer certification preferred
• Valid Driver’s License required. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
88 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.