[Shift Supervisor] Machine Shop Supervisor / 10+ years exp / Contract - New Orleans
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
The responsibility that is expected is to execute a daily work schedule with the proper systems and priority. It is necessary to provide the proper information and see that the necessary tooling and resources to do the job are available. On a daily basis, it may be necessary to enforce plant rules, administer the labor contract, use tact and resourcefulness to motivate each employee to achieve proficiency on each project, as assigned. It is also paramount that this individual be responsible for all resources in respect to man hours and budgets as they apply to scrap, rework, and tooling supplies.
Background / Experience:
Educational requirements include a diploma of a technical background (seminars, undergraduate courses, etc.) in the field of welding, materials, other areas as related to fabrication. Job experience must include five years experience in a manufacturing position (Union environment preferred). Technical skills must include specific knowledge of machining, cost control, manufacturing processes, and shop floor control. Additional skills would include the ability to motivate personnel, good communicator (written and oral), possess analytical analysis capability, and problem solving techniques.
Job Responsibilities / Competencies:
* Responsible for all activities pertaining to departmental machining operations. Directs and controls activities such as: shop floor manufacturing, execution of production schedules, quality, etc.
* Devise motivational and developmental procedures for all subordinates to perform their assigned duties to the best of their abilities in a manner consistent with company goals.
* Initiate methods to control efficiency levels of machining operations. Take necessary action to insure that products are produced at the lowest possible cost and in the shortest possible lead-time.
* Create monitoring procedures to control scrap & rework costs. Manage coordinated efforts to eliminate the root cause of the quality problem through the Root Cause Corrective Action System and employee recommendations.
* Assists Project Management in solving quality/manufacturing/design problems.
* Devise appropriate action plans to resolve labor problems fairly and continue to develop amicable union - management relationship.
* Administers the Labor Contract, and Company Rules and policies.
* Participates in development of plant layout changes for area of responsibility.
* Administers a program of good housekeeping in all areas of responsibility, monitors safety problems and fosters a work safe environment.
* Participates in the hiring or discharging of personnel.
* Participates in disciplinary procedures with bargaining personnel.
* Responsible for preparing and implementing employee training programs.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.