[Buyer] Buyer / Manufacturing Background with recent SAP experience!
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Buyer / Manufacturing Background with recent SAP experience!
Local Candidate- NO Per Diem
System One has a temp-to-hire employment conversion opportunity for a Buyer to support our client’s manufacturing facility in Edgewood, MD. The Buyer’s role is the key part of the supply chain network and the major contributor responsible for the management of raw materials in this complex manufacturing environment. It is essential that the Buyer be commercially astute and able to manage a diverse supply base. Will be responsible for all commodities to support a range of product lines. Vendors may be located globally.
• The employer is not able to provide any type of sponsorship for this position
• Temp position with opportunity to go direct in the future
• Local to Edgewood, MD / NO relocation - NO per diem
• Travel required on an as-needed basis
• Must be able to successfully complete System One and client’s on-boarding process prior to hire
To review purchase requisitions and create / maintain purchase orders in line with MRP messages to meet the factory plans created by the Master Scheduling Manager whilst minimizing inventory and production shortages. To interface between the procurement, inventory, production and planning personnel. To be the primary contact with vendors and ensuring supplier performance is measured and corrective actions completed.
In order to successfully perform the responsibilities, the Buyer will meet the following:
• Associates degree
• Experience as a Buyer in a complex manufacturing environment
• Familiar with multi-level BoMs
• Experience in high volume / low mix and low volume / high mix product ranges
• APICS, IBF or similar related accreditation highly desired
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and highly numerate
• Knowledge of SAP R3 ERP system
• Strong analytical and presentation skills
The Buyer will be able to perform and be responsible for the following:
• Create purchase orders in line with the Master Production Schedule
• Participate in shop floor reviews to ensure that material availability is clearly communicated
• Pro-actively measure supplier delivery performance and communicate issues to key stakeholders
• Ensure completion of corrective actions to improve supplier performance for assigned suppliers
• Implement materials management strategies and drive raw material inventory reduction to achieve inventory turn goals
• Use best practice techniques to determine effective lot sizing for raw materials
• Use best practice techniques to determine effective safety stock and re-order point levels and update accordingly
• To evaluate and communicate material recovery plans when shop floor output falls behind the plan
• Addresses issues associated with purchase price and quantity variances to ensure timely payment of invoices or return of merchandise.
• To support the Material Review process (MRB) and execute transactions in a timely manner
• Insures adherence to U.S. Government and Agency rules and regulations including FAR, DFAR and other agency supplements
• Lead and provide support and best-practices to develop global and local purchasing processes
• Provides global supply chain reporting and analytical support as needed.
• Participate in continuous improvement initiatives to develop and support the purchasing activities of the Supply Chain Management team
• Complying with and promoting all relevant legal requirements & policies and procedures, including business ethics, data protection and health & safety
• Other duties may be assigned.
Work environment: Work environment is typically an office and factory shop floor environment located on-site, within the client’s location during normal or extended business hours, appropriate safety equipment will need to be worn in certain areas. Work environment may also include employee’s residence, customer site or other location as required. Required to travel on an as needed basis