[Welder] [Fitter] Welder-Fitter
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Have complete knowledge of procedures and policies that support the Quality Management System. Perform welding and fitting of the product to meet or exceed the Customer and Quality requirements. Manage time, equipment, and resources with guidance from the Weld Shop Supervisor. The Welder Fitter must be able to explain the respective role within the QMS and how their role contributes to quality (Ref. Quality Procedures). The Welder Fitter shall contribute to product conformity as apart to their daily job function and shall contribute to product safety (Ref. job travelers and the Injury and Illness Prevention Program Handbook). The Welder Fitter shall also be aware of ethical behavior and conduct themselves accordingly to AMRO policies and procedures (Ref. Employee Handbook).
RESPONSIBILITY & AUTHORITY:
• Maintain and Realize AS 9100 procedures and continuous improvement efforts.
• Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
• Schedule time and equipment in support of current work assignment.
• Provide training and methods of fitting and welding as required by the Weld Shop Supervisor.
• Develop shop aids and weld fixtures to assist in daily requirements.
• Notify Weld Shop Supervisor when equipment is in need of repair.
• Report to Weld Shop Supervisor improvements and recommendations that effect quality and / or schedule.
• Must understand how customer products are impacted in the event of failure.
• Any other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• High School Graduation or equivalent.
• Adequate years of welding experience determined by AMRO. (MIG, TIG, FLUX CORE)
• Must have a thorough understanding of weld procedures and specifications.
• Must have a thorough understanding of weld machines, preps / set-ups and practices.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be detail oriented, extremely organized, posses excellent communication skills.
• Must have excellent blue print interpretation skills.
• Must be able to use inspection hand tools.
• Must be able to fit both simple and complex assemblies.
• Must have direct communication with internal customers.
• Must be trained of applicable changes & customer requirements.
• Must know the QMS basic system of reporting, record keeping and follow instructions.