[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
SUMMARY: Program manager has responsibility for three main categories - they are:
1. Performance to schedule
2. Performance to budget
3. Customer satisfaction
JOB FUNCTION OVERVIEW: Review contract requirements; create, generate delegate and establish manufacturing outlines (travelers) and requisition all required materials, hardware and processes. Monitor the program / project to assure first quality and on time delivery in support of Customer satisfaction. The Program Manager is the direct focal point of the customer. The program manager must be able to explain the respective role within the QMS and how their role contributes to quality (Ref. Quality Procedures). The Program manager shall contribute to product conformity as apart to their daily job function and shall contribute to product safety (Ref. job travelers and the Injury and Illness Prevention Program Handbook). The program manager shall also be aware of ethical behavior and conduct themselves accordingly to AMRO policies and procedures (Ref. Employee Handbook).
RESPONSIBILITY & AUTHORITY:
• To Create and monitor project budget(s).
• To Create and monitor project schedule(s).
o Schedule to be created in customer preferred program and updated as required
• Establish and maintain configuration control of all project documents.
• Support ISO/AS9100 procedures and continuous improvement efforts.
• Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
• Serve as the focal point of communication to the external customer(s), and communicate to the internal customer (s) i.e.: management, shop personnel, suppliers, and support staff.
o Communicate as necessary with internal and external Customers, Managers, Staff and suppliers to promptly resolve planning, engineering, manufacturing and material / process issues.
• Oversee creation/ delegate manufacturing outlines using Customer supplied Engineering data / electronic data i.e. models.
• Generate or delegate Requisitions for material, hardware, services, etc. utilizing established procedures.
• Daily Monitor work in process and communicate progress, issues and status to the Customer, Management and / or Staff as necessary in support of Customer satisfaction.
• Must understand how customer products are impacted in the event of failure.
• Any other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Four (4) year degree or equivalent in work experience.
• Adequate years of planning and follow-up experience determined by AMRO.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be detail oriented, extremely organized; posses excellent communication skills, be able to interact well with Customers and all levels of Staff and Management.
• Must have excellent blue print reading / interpretation skills.
• Must have working knowledge of Customer specifications.
• Self-starter, understanding the urgency of customer performance requirements.
• Must have direct communication with internal customers.
• Must be able to conduct formal training of changes & customer requirements.
• Must know the QMS basic system of reporting, record keeping and follow instructions.