[Maintenance Technician] Maintenance Technician
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives. This position will report to our Pineville, NC facility on 2nd shift, Monday through Friday from 2:00 pm – 10:30 pm.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
2. Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
3. Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
4. Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
5. Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
6. Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
7. Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
8. Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
9. Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
10. Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
11. Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
1. Technical Capacity.
2. Ethical Conduct.
3. Communication Proficiency.
4. Results Driven.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites is moderate.
Types of equipment: electrical control circuits, 480 volt, 3 phase machines, hydraulics. Nice if the candidate has SMS familiarity – our maintenance system for work orders, etc. If not, OK and we will have some training.
Tools used (&provided): regular hand tools, power tools, drill press, etc.
Candidate must have the ability to work with employees at different levels – needs great communication skills.
Also need a candidate that has time management skills as the maintenance team has a heavy workload and is working with limited resources.