[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
**PLS USE THE LINK BELOW TO APPLY**
Who Are We:
IMI is a leading provider of labor solutions and workforce management in the material handling sector. With 20 years in the industry, we have established ourselves in the industry by creating great relationships with both our employees and clients.
Our main goal is to provide hard-working individuals with great jobs for some of the most progressive material handling companies in the world – if you can think of a company, we’ve probably worked with them.
Not only has our company grown based on the great work our employees provide for our clients, but we are also always looking for innovative ways to make everyone’s job a little bit easier – whether that be through our developing artificial intelligence or what we offer our employees for their hard work.
We’re hoping you trust us with your career, as it’s just important to us as it is to you.
The Software Engineer reports directly to the IMI Director of Engineering and functions as the software development, testing, debug, setup, and deployment person for the value-add software solution. Teams may require multiple Software Engineers to deploy larger and/or more complicated systems solutions.
The Software Engineer creates communication and software integration solutions for internal and external devices within systems in addition to developing user interfaces based on client requirements and is responsible for ensuring proper operation of the complete system. As well, other data gathering aspects including datalogging and data archiving. The Software Engineer may be deployed as part of the installation team and will also assist in all aspects of the on-site scanning system commissioning process.
The Automation Group’s team (a subset of IMI) provides setup, deployment and commissioning of preconfigured laser or image-based scanning solutions to logistic facilities. These systems are assembled by ID system manufacturers and delivered to client facilities throughout North America. These systems typically require on-site installation and support as related to the physical structure, scanning hardware, lighting, wiring, and software communication/programming.
You’ll be responsible for the following:
- Assist in identifying software, graphical user interface, and communication needs for the customer and drive innovation in the development.
- Develop client needs into actionable requirements supported by plan and timeline.
- Design, develop, and implement complex algorithms involving service control, system identification, and signal processing for equipment used.
- Develop software requirements and specifications for control algorithm designs.
- Test, debug, and re-deploy software and communication solution updates as needed.
- Design and build algorithms that allow debugging, analysis, and performance evaluation.
- Document and archive all software requirements and communication development in specific internal software repository.
- Provide appropriate client interaction with regards to software development and deployment needs.
- Communicate critical information and daily build status to Director of Engineering and other IMI management as needed.
- Acts as technical expert in software, including the install and device/ system deployment process.
- Assist other team members when primary functions are completed, regardless of area of expertise.
- Responsible for providing the best on-site customer experience possible.
- Identifies individual training needs and process improvements needs in the execution of software development, deployment, and installations.
We are looking for candidates who’ve attained a bachelor’s degree in software, math, or computer science and a minimum of 1-3 years experience working in a fast-paced software engineering role and/or experience in material handling automation.
We Require the Following from You:
- Proficiency in engineering software, such as AutoCAD or MATLAB.
- Experience with Scripting, Visual Basic or Basic Language.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Flexible in terms of work hours, open to shifting schedules, extended work hours and working on holidays and weekends.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills with clients, vendors, and team members.
- Effective time management, problem solving, and organizational skills that allows you to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Professional demeanor and ability to handle confidential and delicate client information.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically as needed (valid passport and driver’s license required).
- Bi-lingual (English/ Spanish) is considered an asset.
Additional Job Details:
- Work Location: Grand Rapids, MI
- Permanent/ Fulltime Opportunity: Yes
- Benefits Offered: Health insurance, Dental insurance, other types of insurance
- Travel Requirement: Moderate
- Training Provided: Yes
- Pay Frequency: Weekly
**PLS USE THE LINK BELOW TO APPLY**
©2019 IMI – A Global People Company