[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Johnson Service Group, Inc. has an immediate need for a Packaging Engineer (exp with plastics) south of Atlanta in Griffin, GA.
• This is a direct hire full-time position; Relocation assistance is available
• Education: BS and/or MS in Engineering or Science (Chemical Engineering) OR an Industrial Technical degree or related science/technology discipline, or relevant work experience and plastics background
• 5 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment with 3-5 years of experience in a direct new product development. (preferably experienced with plastics)
• Need to have experience with statistical quality control and quality improvement methods (required)
• Experience with Structured Problem-solving Methodologies.
• Lean manufacturing experience.
• Experience in quality systems and mechanical systems preferred
50% of duties:
• Technical support to the manufacturing and sales team, suppliers, and customers as needed.
• Help with product quality concerns (internal process or customer) and facilitate responsiveness to customers, production group, or sales group.
• Analyze test data to determine if designs meet functional and performance specifications.
• Assist and train production staff with new products and improved production processes.
• Perform routine physical tests (heat-seal, tensile, COF, chemical resistance, etc.) and interpreting results.
• Ability to conduct and/or supervise tests on raw materials or finished products.
• Evaluate material performance to ensure their fit for use or quality.
• Analyze product failure data and laboratory test results in order to determine causes of problems and develop solutions.
• Generate data and reports for customers, vendors, and internal departments.
• Participate in and/or lead Root Cause Analysis focus teams.
• Produce written material and product specifications and procedures related to the manufacturing process.
30% of duties:
• Manage product through all phases of the process including establishing critical paths, collaborating with departments and suppliers to accomplish project goals, manage and evaluate costs, and ensure product is evaluated and tested to meet quality guidelines and customer requirements.
• Develop raw material and finished product specifications based on customer needs and statistical evaluation of product performance measurements.
• Identify and evaluate new raw materials and raw material suppliers.
• Carry out market, technical and competitive research to stay abreast of leading-edge industry developments.
• Design, formulate and develop new and/or substantially improved products.
• Review new product plans and make recommendations for material selection based on design objectives, such as strength, weight, heat resistance, chemical resistance.
• Plans, prepares, and conducts product development trials to qualify new product concepts.
• Analyze machine trial results, present findings, and recommends next steps.
• Conduct in-depth product evaluation (bench evaluation, simulations, and panel testing).
• Conducts ongoing competitive analysis.
• Works with material suppliers to understand new technologies and materials.
• Develop raw material specifications.
• Understands the impact on processes and finished good specifications.
• Actively participate in supplier quality initiatives.
20% of duties:
• Work with vendors to improve products and alter processes to provide products with superior performance to the market.
• Prepare and implement written procedures and specifications related to new or existing products and processes.
• Work with new and existing suppliers to source raw materials that meet technical requirements and cost targets.
• Evaluate, analyze, and make recommendations on process changes, machine conditions, products, designs, and cost improvements to improve the competitive position of the company
• Collaborate with production group to improve quality performance and customer satisfaction, including reducing complaints, and process variation.
Johnson Service Group is an EEO / An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer