[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
**CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO APPLY NOW**
Who Are We:
IMI is a leading provider of workforce management and installation services with over 20 years experience in the industry. Our main goal is to provide hard-working individuals with great jobs for some of the most progressive material handling companies in the world.
Weíre hoping you trust us with your career, as itís just as important to us as it is to you.
The Electrical Engineer reports directly to the Director of Engineering and functions as the key electrical technician responsible for integrating various hardware products and software packages. The Electrical Engineer is the main liaison between IMIís management and the vendors/ suppliers related to the electrical project. Additionally, the Electrical Engineer will be the clientís contact into new and ongoing installations for electrical integrated systems and is responsible for the co-ordination, planning, and closing of the project once the team has secured the order.
The Automation Groupís team (a subset of IMI) provides the setup, deployment and commissioning of preconfigured laser or image-based scanning solutions to logistic facilities. These systems are assembled by ID system manufacturers and delivered to client facilities throughout North America. These systems typically require on-site installation and support as related to the physical structure, scanning hardware, lighting, wiring, and software communication/programming.
Youíll be responsible for the following:
- Design and propose solutions, commission the proposed solution and provide setup, deployment and training at the clientís facilities as needed.
- Provide guidance to the client and management regarding electrical engineering efforts.
- Work with IMIís Client Management team and Installation team to identify timing and deploy solutions as needed.
- Train, organize and lead support technicians/electrical engineers as team grows to ensure solutions are delivered to clients efficiently.
- Become the lead electrical engineering expert for Cognex Dataman products and third-party hardware and provide training and deployment support to Installation team as needed.
- Provide a site-specific execution plan and suggest (through demonstration) installation efficiency solutions to reduce installation effort.
- Responsible for documenting and reporting all modifications to system installs with regards to system setup (mechanical, electrical, programming, data formatting, etc.) or changes to system design while on site.
- Identifies individual training needs and process improvements needed in the installation execution.
We are looking for candidates whoíve attained a bachelorís degree in electrical engineering and have a minimum of 1-3 years experience working in a fast-paced electrical engineering and/or supervisory role.
We Require the Following from You:
- Proficiency in engineering software, such as AutoCAD or MATLAB.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Flexible in terms of work hours, open to shifting schedules, extended work hours and working on holidays and weekends.
- Effective time management and organizational skills that allows you to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Professional demeanor and ability to handle confidential and delicate client information.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically as needed (valid passport and driverís license required).
- Bi-lingual (English/ Spanish) is considered an asset.
Additional Job Details:
- Work Location: Grand Rapids, MI
- Permanent/ Fulltime Opportunity: Yes
- Benefits Offered: Health insurance, Dental insurance, other types of insurance
- Travel Requirement: Moderate
- Training Provided: Yes
- Pay Frequency: Weekly
**CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO APPLY NOW**
©2019 IMI Ė A Global People Company