[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Johnson Service Group has a need for a PLC Vision Tech/Engineer position in Indiana, PA 15701
• Direct hire full-time position
• Industry: Warehouse and manufacturing logistics and automation
• Pay rate: $25 - 31.25/hr and time and a half for overtime hours
• General knowledge about camera equipment (focus, aperture, exposure time).
• Using a caliper to measure distances to reference points is crucial especially if you have to setup or adjust a vision station to a reference station.
• Physical setup from Vision systems require a steady hand and precise mechanic adjustments.
• Using a variety of different calibration screens to calibrate different aspects of the system to a reference value or a target (white balance, focus, polarization, etc.).
• Understanding the core components of many different vision products is important, working with signal controllers like Beckhoff or Siemens, I/O modules and a variety of different types of sensors.
• Configure the vision core system station and operation specific.
• Keeping the vision systems in excellent and clean condition. Cleaning the components with care, wipe down camera lenses, remove dust, vacuum, remove sticky residue with alcohol pads etc.
• Analytic thinking: Example: From one day to the other, 5 vision stations have a different behavior. Try to identify what could cause a symptom that affects multiple station at the same time.
• Finding problem patterns is highly recommended, working with computer tools which can assist to analyze patterns. For instance, export data into a csv file and format the output in MS excel in order to identify a visualize a pattern.
• Track system issues in form of an open issue list and share it with your team members (supervisor, team leader, developer team etc.).
• Backup Software files and update software components to newer versions, keep track of bugs and testing before and after updates.
• Peripherals: Some vision systems have other components which are also indirectly or directly related to the vision system, such as industrial printers (Zebra ZE-500). A bad printed label has a negative impact to the vision system. You must take care of those peripherals as well, changing bad rollers, belts, printheads etc.
• Switching out a printer with a backup printer and maintain/repair the old printer is required.
• 3+ years theoretical and operational experience in the repair, troubleshooting of PLC-based machinery and control systems
• PLC & Ladder Logic experience (required)
• Structured Text (ST) language (a plus but not required)
• Siemens PLC experience (a plus but not required)
• Extensive experience in equipment maintenance, modifications, and design (preferred)
• Pharmaceutical industry experience (a plus but not required)
• Strong problem-solving capabilities
• Ability to provide talent that contributes a unique interpretation or analysis of our systems to our customers
• Process-oriented mentality
• Network equipment interfaces (a plus)
• Hands-on, team oriented and committed to improvement processes
• Experience in reducing costs through processes and efficiencies
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Authorization to work in the U.S. (w/o sponsorship) required
• Weekends and overtime if required by workload
• Occasional travel required
Johnson Service Group is an EEO / An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer