[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Who We Are:
Founded in 1998, IMI is the largest installation resource company in North America, delivering technical resources and solutions to the supply chain industry. Offering turnkey installation talent and OEM product deployment in fields such as manufacturing, supply chain, automation, and robotics.
IMI has qualified, trained, and deployed thousands of technicians throughout North America and has worked with some of the world’s most progressive Fortune 500 companies for over 20 years. For more information, visit imipeople.com.
Who We’re Looking for:
IMI is looking for someone who’s self-motivated and result-oriented for an upcoming contract as a Permit Coordinator.
We’re hoping you are someone who is able to work independently to provide program processes and oversight for permit coordination, review, tracking, and compliance monitoring. The Permit Coordinator will also be responsible for facilitating permit applications and engineering plans, conducting site visits of proposed projects, performing final inspections and closeouts, and attending pre-construction meetings.
Candidates for this position must have verification of their high school diploma or GED. Candidates with advanced education, professional experience, or certifications in Civil Engineering or Project Management will be preferred.
If you suit the above, you could be responsible for:
- Coordinate permit requests and scheduling with various governmental agencies acting as a liaison for clients.
- Meet with internal teams and/or government agencies for project updates and assist with any issues.
- Coordinate with PM’s regarding construction schedules and permit requirements.
- Manage permit expiration and renewals and coordinate with contractors.
- Organize and track all permits and applications from initial intake to final approval.
- File proper paperwork required to obtain permits.
- Manage submissions and receipt of architectural plans and building permits to meet plan objectives.
- Process payments of all permit-related fees and expenses.
- Maintain and update the company Permitting Manual, as required.
- Submission and receipt of sales and construction trailer permit as required by local jurisdictions.
- Represent the company professionally in all interactions with customers and local jurisdictions.
- Complete all other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Present monthly summary and permit status report to the Customer, Project Manager, and other stakeholders as required. These reports shall include, but not limited to the following: Number of permit applications received by type for the subject month; the number of days to issuance date from the date application is received; current and outstanding issues impacting the expeditious handling and issuance of permits, and any pertinent communications.
- Assists Project Manager to determine the best approach (self-performance or sub-contract) for bringing assets into contract compliance considering cost, timelines, and efficiency.
- Inspect work for which permits are required and manage the opening through the closing of all permits.
- Coordinate with project managers and other team members to ensure sites are documented and tracked.
- Punctual for daily start time and meetings.
- Perform under minimum supervision.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Worksites can be dangerous, so in order to ensure your safety at all times, we require you always possess a hard hat, steel-toe boots, work gloves, safety vests, and work goggles.
We Require the Following from You:
- Must demonstrate working proficiency in MS Office applications including MS Project, as well as internet navigation skills.
- Understands and can read project schedules.
- Knowledge of materials handling, warehouse management systems (WMS), fulfillment or distribution center operations, and supply chain logistics.
- Knowledge of automation projects involving machines, robotics, controls, and software.
- Ability to lead work teams and projects effectively.
- Understanding of the project management process.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced result-oriented environment.
- Demonstratable problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and listening skills.
- Strong organization and collaborative skills.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented.
Additional Job Details:
- Work Location: Indianapolis, IN
- Contract Length: 4-5 Months *end dates are subject to change*
- Benefits Offered: Health insurance, Dental insurance, other types of insurance
- Temporary Full-time/ Overtime Opportunity: Yes
- Pay Frequency: Weekly
- Travel Requirements: up to 50%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fume or airborne particles. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places, and in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts, extreme cold (including outdoors), extreme heat (including direct sunlight), risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment will vary from somewhat loud to extremely loud. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are unable to meet the requirements as listed above, you must advise your recruiter immediately.
©2020 IMI – A Global People Company