[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Looking for a position that gives you the best of both worlds; hands on and management. We have the position for you. The working supervisor will be responsible for fabricating or repairing products by welding metal components together using arc and gas welding equipment along with cutting out forms..
WHAT DOES THIS JOB ENTAIL?
• Weld metal parts together using gas welding and any combination of arc welding processes in a safe manner.
• Perform related tasks such as thermal cutting and/or grinding in a safe manner.
• Will be performing maintenance on the forms such as repair broken or cracked parts, fill holes, and/or increase or decrease the sizes of metal parts. Have the ability to turn on power units, air units, and welding equipment, preparing all for daily production specifications.
• Measure, position and clamp together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
• Read blueprints and/or required company production orders and to determine what the job specifications as well as those requirements needed to complete the production orders.
• Check and correctly inventory material in holding bins for future orders.
• Communicate with your management team for those changes that may be needed or required unexpectedly.
• Finish daily shift production without excess waste.
• Maintain radio contact with supervisor. Have the ability to help out in plant when needed.
• Perform cleanup and required housekeeping duties; sweep floor; shovel excess debris, while using the required PPE, as well as having the ability to be trained in the use of LOTO during maintenance.
• Operate any and all necessary equipment that may be needed to perform a particular job.
• The employee is regularly required to use tools/equipment such as wire cutters, concrete vibrators, tape measures, impact wrenches, crow bars, concrete finishing tools, wire ties, hammers, overhead cranes, hooks and slings as well as various other hand or power tools. The noise level in the work environment can be very loud – the use of ear protection is then required.
WHY ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Great opportunity for you. Great benefits and growing industry.
IS IT RIGHT FOR YOU?
Experience reading production orders
Experience reading simple blueprints
Experience in gas welding to include Arc, MIG and limited TIG
Experience is fitting & tacking (large forms)
Experience with minor maintenance of product
Experience handling multiple projects
Experience in managing a small group of employees
Excellent communication skills, reading, writing & operational product
Positive attitude toward employees, customers and supervisors
Excellent work ethic, punctuality, accuracy & attendance