[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Who We Are:
Founded in 1998, IMI is the largest installation resource company in North America, delivering technical resources and solutions to the supply chain industry. Offering turnkey installation talent and OEM product deployment in fields such as manufacturing, supply chain, automation, and robotics.
IMI has qualified, trained, and deployed thousands of technicians throughout North America and has worked with some of the world’s most progressive Fortune 500 companies for over 20 years. For more information, visit imipeople.com
Who We’re Looking for:
IMI is looking for someone who’s self-motivated and result-oriented for an upcoming contract as a Site Manager.
We’re hoping you are someone who is able to direct the on-site implementation activities through the completion of material handling automation projects involving a wide variety of equipment, machines, software, controls, and technologies.
The right candidates for this position must have verification of their high school diploma or GED, as well as certifications in the following: forklift, scissor lift, first aid, and OSHA 30.
Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of material handling installation experience, preferably with distribution centers, and warehouse automation, and 2 years’ experience supervising/ managing installations of material handling industry projects (Mechanical or Electrical).
If you suit the above, you could be responsible for:
- Provides on-site oversight of installation. Serves as on-site contact and coordinates installation activities with the customer site manager.
- Informs project manager of all site activities, particularly those that affect costs, schedules, and resources.
- Plans and monitors implementation according to the master schedule and reports on progress/ issues and takes corrective action as needed.
- Leads site coordination meetings, including preparing agendas and publishing minutes.
- Coordinates the staging of project materials and equipment.
- Ensures safety procedures and local and state laws are followed.
- Inventories materials and tracks usage.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Worksites can be dangerous, so in order to ensure your safety at all times, we require you always possess a hard hat, steel-toe boots, work gloves, safety vests, and work goggles.
We Require the Following from You:
- Minimum 5 years of material handling installation experience, preferably with distribution centers and warehouse automation (Mechanical or Electrical).
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience supervising/managing installations of material handling industry projects (Mechanical or Electrical).
- Experience using hand and power tools.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Understands and can read project schedules.
- Forklift, scissor lift, first aid, and OSHA 30 certifications required.
- Knowledge of material handling warehouse management systems (WMS), fulfillment or distribution center operations, and supply chain logistics.
- Knowledge of automation projects involving machines, robotics, controls, and software.
- Understanding of the project management process.
- Ability to lead work teams and projects effectively.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced result-oriented environment.
- Demonstratable problem-solving skills.
- Strong organization and collaborative skills.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as required, particularly during project go-live events.
Additional Job Details:
- Work Location: Coldwater, MI
- Contract Length: 3 – 4 Months *end dates are subject to change*
- Benefits Offered: Health insurance, Dental insurance, other types of insurance
- Temporary Full-time/ Overtime Opportunity: Yes
- Pay Frequency: Weekly
- Travel Requirements: up to 90%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fume or airborne particles. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places, and in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts, extreme cold (including outdoors), extreme heat (including direct sunlight), risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment will vary from somewhat loud to extremely loud. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are unable to meet the requirements as listed above, you must advise your recruiter immediately.
©2020 IMI – A Global People Company