[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
**CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO APPLY NOW**
Who We Are:
Founded in 1998, IMI is the largest installation resource company in North America, delivering technical resources and solutions to the supply chain industry. Offering turnkey installation talent and OEM product deployment in fields such as manufacturing, supply chain, automation, and robotics.
IMI has qualified, trained, and deployed thousands of technicians throughout North America and has worked with some of the world’s most progressive Fortune 500 companies for over 20 years. For more information, visit imipeople.com.
Who We’re Looking for:
IMI is looking for someone who’s energetic, self-motivated, and result-oriented for an upcoming contract as an Industrial Engineer.
The Industrial Engineer will work with a team to provide clients with operational planning and strategic support for project ramp-up, deployment, stabilization, and continuous improvement. The Industrial Engineer will be responsible for collaborating with our clients to develop a strategic plan, identifying issues, and driving solution development.
The right candidate for this position must have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Industrial Engineering, Industrial Technology, Operations Management, or Logistics & Supply Chain. As well as, a minimum of 2 years of experience in an automated distribution center.
If you suit the above, you could be responsible for:
- Collaborates with clients to enable the successful operation of automated solutions in their facilities and the liaison between our company and the clients, ensuring successful communication and goal attainment.
- Works with clients at their site(s) to add value through quality and productivity improvement projects.
- Collects data, prepares reports, and provides feedback to the internal team for processes and designs that are proposed for customer solutions.
- Collaborating with various internal teams to meet organizational objectives.
- Identify and lead manufacturing process improvements and cost saving initiatives.
- Create process documentation including process flows, work center layouts, etc.
We Require the Following from You:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Industrial Engineering, Industrial Technology, Operations Management, or Logistics & Supply Chain.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an automated distribution center or similar
- Ability to understand and apply practical concepts including inventory management, order management, flow management, staffing models, and playbooks.
- Strong knowledge of Industrial Engineering principles that pertain to warehousing, logistics, and supply chain: time and motion studies, ergonomic evaluations, lean initiatives, quality metrics, productivity improvements.
- Exposure to automation technology including conveyors, shuttles, pick methodologies, and robotic activities.
- Strong analytical skills including a familiarity with the DMAIC approach and statistical tools.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, BI software, and data manipulation.
- Ability to support clients and build relationships.
- Self-motivated with a desire to add value under minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel 10-50% both domestically/ internationally and work overtime hours as needed.
- Bilingual (Spanish) considered an asset.
Additional Job Details:
- Work Location: Joliet, IL
- Contract Length: 3 - 4 Months *end dates are subject to change*
- Benefits Offered: Health insurance, Dental insurance, other types of insurance
- Temporary Full-time/ Overtime Opportunity: Yes
- Pay Frequency: Weekly
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fume or airborne particles. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places, and in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts, extreme cold (including outdoors), extreme heat (including direct sunlight), risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment will vary from somewhat loud to extremely loud. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are unable to meet the requirements as listed above, you must advise your recruiter immediately.
**CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO APPLY NOW**
©2020 IMI – A Global People Company