[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Aerotek is hiring for one of the largest distribution centers in Virginia! We are hiring for candidates who will be working in one of three departments and they are typically assigned on the first day of work at orientation.
- Manage freight flow by moving and loading freight manually as contract associates will not be operating mobile equipment. Loaders will identify, separate, count, combine and scan freight using Warehouse management system terminal, scales and scanners
- Candidates will be responsible for handling and processing freight in a safe and cautious manner, tell management about unsafe work conditions and damaged product, and maintain a clean work area.
- Loaders will be responsible for specific ways to load trucks as materials come down the conveyor systems or are delivered to them; i.e. heavy products on the bottom and lighter product on the top as their primary duty is material handling. This is a very labor intensive job as they could be off and on the backs of trailers however they will not be loading any non-conveyable product.
- Primary duties include picking up boxes and placing them on a belt, pallet or trailer.
- Will enter and locate information on a computer or system communication device , must be able to write documents or reports if needed.
- This is primarily a job where they will stay near the dock all day as there isn't a significant amount of walking
- Candidates will be responsible for managing deliveries that are received; managing and moving floor level freight only via hand or manual pallet jack and building pallets of incoming material to be taken to the racks by other associates.
- Candidates will manage freight deliveries by processing, identifying, counting, separating, and scanning freight with computer software; placing on pallets or perhaps conveyance systems. *Candidates may cut open boxes/cases using a box cutter and may need to maintain logs.
Case Lot (Orderfiller)
- Candidates will process facility orders by pulling and labeling merchandise, stacking materials onto pallets, carts, or conveyors and transport product via manual pallet jack only OR stack materials for other associates to pick up.
- Candidates must maintain logs and forms, organize the warehouse by removing and stacking empty pallets, and maintaining freight integrity by inspecting freight for damage and misplaced items. Candidates will read bar-codes and will sort to proper shipping lane which will equate to a certain store number.
- This position requires a significant amount of walking, and lifting roughly 400 boxes per hour/4 thousand per day.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.