[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Shift: 6am - 2:45pm M-F (45 minute break)
Pay: $23-$27 (depending on tenure/experience)
Location: South San Francisco
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all pre-trip responsibilities including: obtaining and reviewing driver itinerary, checking route numbers and account numbers for assigned deliveries, counting items and checking customer invoices of products that have been loaded, completing required trailer temperature checks and performing pre-trip safety check inspections of trucks according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Drive to and deliver customer orders to meet the scheduled customer times and maintain adequate productivity rate to meet delivery schedules. Use electronic time keeping system to log in time at customer site.
- Unload products from the truck with a hand truck, lift gate, or by hand and place items in designated customer storage areas.
- Verify delivery of correct items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Collect money (cash or checks) where required. Contact Customer Service for authorization of invoice discrepancies and communicate all errors and returns.
- As requested by management, drive back hauls which requires picking up product from vendors and bring back to warehouse for receiving while staying within DOT Hours of Service (HOS) regulations.
- Perform all post-trip responsibilities: unloading damaged goods and customer returns and completing necessary paperwork; performing safety checks on the truck; fueling (as required by the division); parking and securing the truck; completing DOT logs (electronic or manual as required) and company vehicle maintenance reports (DVIR) and reconcile these with the appropriate company representative as required.
- Attend all required company meetings and adhere to all safety practices and company policies.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred. Must be able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL), Class B issued by the state of legal residence with the necessary endorsements and be DOT qualified, preferred
- A clean driving record means no major violations (DUI, DWI, homicide, reckless driving, drugs, leaving the scene of an accident) within the past 3 years. It also means no more than two moving violations or at-fault accidents or combination thereof within the past 3 years
Contact Frank for immediate interview 650-825-2926
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.