[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Aerotek currently working with a company in Morristown, TN that is looking to hire several slitter operators ASAP!
- Perform set-up and operate slitting equipment to produce product according to quality and productivity requirements
- Ensures that equipment runs in accordance with operational standards
- Performs minor repairs and preventative maintenance as needed
- Ensure the correct raw materials are being processed
- Maintains a safe working environment by following all company safety policies and procedures and reports unsafe conditions and incidents
- Makes adjustment to the machine during production by responding to problems found during visual inspection
- Assumes responsibility for the quality and quantity produced on the machine
- Obtains information from the computer, prints and applies labels
- Posts production information into the computer and/or required production logs
- Accurately performs and records all required testing
- Provide communication on a daily basis with management, maintenance, shift personnel, etc.
- Maintain housekeeping standards of slitter and the surrounding area
- Perform packing and material handling tasks as required
- Anticipates and reacts productively to changes, and willingly handles other tasks as assigned
- Seeks and implements improvement activities through teamwork and CI Process participation
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent. Two-year technical degree preferred.
- 1 or 2 years slitter machine experience or 5-7 years experience as a machine operator
- Good mechanical ability
- Ability to use rulers, gauges and calipers
If you or anyone you know is interested, please call Tevin Jones at 865-292-2419 or email me at
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.