[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Great Paying Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician Opportunities in the Birmingham Area!
Hiring now for multiple positions! For more information, please contact:
Ryan (205) 968-6116
- Basic PLC troubleshooting experience preferred.
- Strong maintenance troubleshooting.
- Installs, inspects and repairs mechanical equipment items such as pumps, compressors, filling equipment, case packers, labelers, etc.
- Read and interpret mechanical drawings of machines and equipment.
- Work from oral and/or written instructions, prints and sketches; take field measurements and make workable sketches; prepare parts lists and purchase requisitions; make accurate, clear, complete and concise reports; prepare work schedules; and keep records on all work done and any equipment inspections performed.
- Perform common methods of rigging to handle heavy items of equipment or machine parts.
- Check the working load on various ropes, chains and cables used in rigging.
- Dismantle, inspect, repair and re-assemble any standard machine or equipment item commonly used in the department, including cam-driven machines.
- Analyze wear, timing problems, and other problems.
- Resemble and set the machines to operate correctly. Recognize mechanical defects in machines and equipment by touch, sight and/or sound.
- Operate shop tools and equipment such as a lathe, drill press, shaper, etc. to make repairs and/or fabricate simple parts.
- Proficiently utilize calipers, feelers, micrometers, etc. in order to secure tolerance of 0:00l inches on equipment where required. Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Wire 3 phase motors
- Know how to read a meter
- Know gear boxes and pumps, and work with up to 480 volts
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.