[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HVAC R&D Technician
Our customer is a leader in the HVAC industry, and is currently seeking experienced Test Technicians to join their team in their R&D facility in the West Twin Cities area. In this role you will work with the industry leader in commercial HVAC systems. You'll be working hands on with new product development and R&D engineers and technicians in a team focused lab setting. This is a direct hire position in West metro suburbs of Minneapolis, Minnesota.
They have multiple 1st and 2nd shift openings available due to growth! First shift hours are 6:00 am - 2:30 pm Monday – Friday. Second shift hours are 2:00pm - 12:30am Monday - Thursday.
· Set-up and run tests on commercial and industrial rooftop HVAC systems, and related mechanical devices
· Implements major/minor test unit modifications as part of a team.
· Adds meaningful input for operational excellence and continuous improvement as part of a team.
· Utilize Microsoft tools (Excel) for test documentation and data recording / analysis
· Works safely on large complex mechanical systems
· Helps determines proper course of action during mechanical test programs.
· Provides input for possible (sometimes unconventional) solutions to difficult mechanical/ electrical problems that will keep projects on schedule.
· Ensures complex mechanical/electrical equipment is in proper operating order at all times.
· Makes suggestions on innovative processes, procedures and methods for equipment operation and maintenance.
· Makes thoughtful recommendations and suggestions in order to keep test and other project schedules.
· Two-year technical degree required (HVAC or building automation related preferred)
· Minimum of 2 -3 years of experience in an electrical/mechanical test.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with ability to work with hand tools and read electrical schematics.
· Experience working with PLC controls and VFDs is nice to have.
- Soldering and/or brazing experience nice to have.
· HVAC experience or equivalent combination of education and experience a huge plus.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Must have good working knowledge with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Experience with LabView or other PC based data acquisition tools is a plus.
For immediate consideration, apply online or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visa sponsorship is not authorized for these positions now or in the future.
Relocation Assistance is not provided for these positions.