[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Millwright with Welding and Multi Craft Experience
Progressive Industrial is hiring Millwrights for multiple positions for industrial maintenance support in Hampton Roads, Virginia. These positions are full time and permanent opportunities. The right individuals will have Millwright, Welding, and Machinist experience and extensive knowledge of maintenance in industrial and manufacturing settings and must be able to demonstrate knowledge in those crafts.
• 5 to 7 years of experience as a millwright
• Welding and fabrication experience
• Industrial and manufacturing experience
• Must have your own tools
• Build new industrial and construction machinery
• Repair broken and defective machine parts
• Precision alignment of equipment using specialized tools such as micrometers and plumb bobs
• Review and follow highly technical manuals for complex machinery
• Transfer of machinery to sites: disassembly and reassembly or to install or repair
• Collect and store distinct machinery parts
• Visit sites to assess potential problems or needs
• Collaborate with construction workers or engineers when using, repairing, or installing machines
• Available to travel to different job sites (per diem available for overnight travel)
• Proven experience as a millwright
• Proven experience with construction equipment and machinery
• Strong communication and computation skills
• Certification as a Millwright based on national standards
This position will require the occasional lifting of up to 75 pounds and frequent lifting up to 25 pounds. Standing or working 80% of the time. Requires ability to work in confined spaces, kneeling and working while lying on stomach/back, as well as crawling and repetitive movements of arms and hands. Expect environmental exposure to high heat and humidity as well as cold temperatures, dirt, dust, and debris.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This position is long-term, direct hire, and full time. Expect some overtime and some weekend work. Long term employees enjoy the benefits of medical, dental, and vision options, as well as a paid leave program.
At Progressive Industrial you are more than an employee, you are part of our team, our family. We rely heavily on each other to work effectively and efficiently, for us and our clients, so that at the end of the day we return home safely and with pride in a job well done.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.