[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Job Location: Chattanooga, TN
Position Type: Full Time-Direct Hire
Who We Are!
At Automatic Staffing, we pride ourselves on pairing great candidates with great companies. The foundation of our business is built on decades of industry expertise, a hands-on approach, and our specialized staffing and recruiting model. We deliver the results, transparency, and confidence our customers need to drive their business into the future and our candidates need to make great career decisions.
Automatic is supporting a large, well-established automation integrator that is adding a Robot Technician position to support the growth of their team. The Robot Technician is responsible for setting up new robot cells at their home plant and supporting the installation of cells at customer locations. Travel is expected about 40% of the time.
• Program robots (including Motoman, ABB, and Fanuc) used in a variety of processes: material handling, welding, laser, de-burring, and other similar processes.
• Support new cell builds at home plant working in a team-based setting.
• Communicate with the robot manufacturer for troubleshooting support.
• Support cell installations at customer locations to ensure all robots are functioning properly (40% Travel)
• Qualifications and Education:
• High school, GED, Vocational High School or Technical College or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of Robot Technician experience
• Working knowledge of 3 of 4 major robot/welder combinations with the following equipment.
-Robots: Motoman, Fanuc, ABB, and Panasonic
-Welders: Lincoln, Miller, Fronius, and SKS
• Welding capabilities (MIG and spot welding) – Advanced
-Materials: Aluminum, copper, stainless and heavy welding
• Ability to use servo float commands, job shifting, and offset programming
• Electrical troubleshooting for cells and tooling – Intermediate
• Understanding in material handling with at least 2 of the following robot groups (Motoman, ABB, and Fanuc) – Advanced
• Project Management