Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Sr. Systems Design Engineer
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Sr. Systems Design Engineer utilizes full understanding of area of specialization to contribute to the design of a complete and complex framework, system, or product. Defines processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output, and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility. Conceives system interfaces and business application prototypes. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system design weaknesses. Influences the shaping of future products by contributing to the framework (architecture) used across multiple products or systems. Provides multi-layered technical expertise for next generation initiatives. Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Establishes product requirements and interface design definition by collaborating with cross-functional disciplines within the product development environment.
• Conducts product safety analysis and develop design solutions to mitigate risks. Utilizes risk analysis to enhance safety and design robustness.
• Provides technical guidance and support external and internal customers throughout the product life cycle. Conduct. feasibility of potential technical solutions and allocation of derived requirements onto affected subsystem.
• Specifies and develops improvements or enhancements to existing products and champion implementation if necessary.
• Develops the planning, organization, implementation, and monitoring of requirement management processes, tools, risk, and issue tracking.
• Contributes to development of design verification and design validation protocols.
• Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
• Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
• Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
• Assists with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
• Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's Degree or advanced degree in Engineering or Physics..
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
• Bachelor's degree with minimum of 5-8 years of related experience; or a Master's degree with minimum of 3 years of related experience; or a PhD without experience.
• Experience in developing customer and product requirements, translating requirements into systems level architecture designs and interface design definitions, and requirement allocation.
• Strong hands-on skills in complex system design, integration, testing, and troubleshooting. Familiar with quality management system, product safety analysis, risk assessment and mitigation, and FTA/FMEA.
• Experience in medical device development.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to interact directly with cross-functional team members, and external partners.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills in mechanical and electrical systems.
• Experience with FDA design controls and ISO 14971 risk management.
• Experience with hydraulics preferred.
• Experience with modeling and simulation tools such as MATLAB, Labview, or Simulink preferred.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
189 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.