Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Reply to Recruiter via Text Msg: 3094232786
AECOM is seeking a Hazardous Materials Technician IV for a manufacturing facility in Columbus, GA! Based on business demand, this position may be called upon to work a rotating schedule that includes any shift, weekends, and holidays.
The Hazardous Materials Technician reports to the Industrial Wastewater Treatment Manager and performs a variety of duties related to the handling, moving, and controlling materials that are identified as Hazardous Materials at the manufacturing and jet engine repair facilities located in Columbus, GA.
This position will be responsible for completing the required documentation and physical preparation for storage and/or shipping of both regulated and non-regulated hazardous materials, according to established procedures and appropriate regulations.
As an integral team member of the Industrial Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP), the Hazardous Materials Technician will also perform other duties as directed by the WWTP Manager in support of daily plant operations.
- Applies company and client hazardous materials handling and storage procedures and processes.
- Receives hazardous materials from on-site customers and checks against documentation for nomenclature, identification and quantity.
- Transports 400 gallon totes utilizing forklift or other means of conveyance on-site to facilitate processing to the on-site wastewater treatment plant or 3rd party transportation off-site.
- Stores materials, parts and hazardous waste materials such as waste oils, solvents and industrial wastewater in proper locations according to identifying factors.
- Prepares manifests and chain of custody forms and prepares goods for shipment.
- Performs internal HAZMAT inventory audits and arranges for disposal of various chemical and waste materials from the site.
- Communicates noncompliance concerns to ensure corrective actions have taken place.
- Provides training to new employees in hazardous materials handling/process techniques.
- Attends periodic training sessions to obtain appropriate recertification credentials.
- Initiates the Monthly Self-Assessment for Hazardous procedures.
- Maintains adequate hazmat shipping supply inventory.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all aspects of processing, packing and shipping of hazardous materials.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Five years of experience as a hazardous waste / materials technical specialist , or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to operate forklifts, pallet jacks, or similar material handling equipment.
- Qualified applicants must submit to and pass a DOT physical examination prior to employment and be able to maintain annual positive results.
- DOT certification (CFR 49).
- RCRA certification.
Within AECOM, our business group focuses on facility and production maintenance services.
- We provide facilities maintenance and management services for our clients’ industrial, manufacturing, distribution, logistics, and commercial sites worldwide.
- We run our own crews of utility/power plant technicians, industrial electricians, maintenance mechanics, industrial HVAC techs, Instrumentation & Controls techs, CNC field service techs, etc. inside our customers facilities to keep their infrastructure operating smoothly.
- These are full-time, permanent positions with AECOM that offer our standard benefits package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 3 weeks Paid Time Off, a 401k plan with company match, employee discounts, and much more – and your benefits start the same day you do.
153 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.