Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Industrial Researcher-Birmingham, AL
Sirius Technical Services is seeking an Industrial Researcher for a contract position with a world-wide specialty chemical client in Birmingham, AL.
• Able to support the development of biomaterials for applications such as medical devices from the feasibility stage to the clinical development stage
• Knowledge of polymer processing and scientific principles pertaining to and capable in the operation of standard laboratory, analytical, and/or processing and manufacturing equipment; examples include:
• Perform Mechanical Testing: Low velocity impact, flexure, 4-point bending, tensile testing, compression testing, hardness testing, Scratch testing, and Tribometric testing.
• Perform Thermal Analysis: Differential Scanning Calorimeter, Thermal Gravimetric Analyzer, Dynamic Mechanical Analyzer, Thermal Mechanical Analyzer, Gas Chromatography and Rheometers.
• Perform Characterization: UV-Vis spectrometer, particle size analyzer, viscometer, Optical Microscopy, Scanning Electron Microscopy, Interferometry, Atomic Force Microscopy, and X-Ray Diffraction.
• Processing: Injection molding, extrusion, compounding, compression molding, fiber processing, spray coating, and plasma polymer coating.
• Ability to understand and perform biological testing on polymeric biomaterials such as in vitro degradation and simulated bone formation. Experience with sterilization of medical device is a plus.
• Generate, tabulate and draft data results. Present obtained results both internally and externally.
• Maintain a thorough and accurate documentation including experimental methods, parameters, observations, data and results.
• Follow SOPs and procedures.
• Generate and maintain a thorough and accurate documentation in support of assigned tasks.
• Follow safety practices and procedures including the use of adequate personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Understand the hazards associated with the different reagents and equipment used.
• Attend individual and group trainings.
• Perform other duties as may be required by supervisor.
• PhD/MS in Materials Science, Chemistry, Biomedical, Biomechanical, Polymer or Chemical engineering plus 3 or more years relevant laboratory experience; or, Advanced degree in a relevant scientific discipline preferred; or, a demonstrated level of performance and capability.
• Confident in the use of MS Office
• Good communication skills, both written and oral
• Ability to work in a highly divers team
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
70 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.