[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Medical / Pharmaceutical Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 526175
Posted By: Value Added Solutions, Inc,
Posted On: 2019-06-06 08:28:22
Link: CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Subject: *** NURSE PRACTITIONER *** SRS *** OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH *** ORTHOPEDIC ****
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 29803
Provides routine and emergency care of all employees (SRNS, SRR, DOE, Centerra), visitors and subcontractors under the general supervision of the Medical Director and in accordance with physician's approved protocols. Activities include, but are not limited to:
1. Practitioner: Evaluate and treat occupational illnesses and injuries. Perform physical examinations for surveillance programs. Resource and support for clinic staff. Collaborate with management, Legal, HR and other groups. Order radiologic and laboratory studies as needed. Assess, diagnose and determine appropriate medical treatment.
2. Educator: Assess patient and provide referral options for continuing health care needs. Provide instruction on self-care to improve patient outcome.
3. Consultant: Coordinate/integrate delivery of health services with other team providers (i.e., case management, physicians, safety, HR, line management) to deliver optimal patient care. Collaborate with employee, management, and safety on fitness for duty issues.
4. Researcher: Participate in the quality monitoring and performance improvement and outcomes of the Site Occupational Health Program. Provide patient/employee education and counseling.
5. Recommend medical and health policies and preventative measures for eliminating or minimizing industrial injuries and diseases.
6. Counsel patients under medical treatment programs in order to assess their health progress; identify reoccurring problem areas; establish written and verbal treatment plans to solve specific problem areas; evaluate compliance with the treatment program and modify the treatment program based on the response to treatment.
7. Interview patients prior to examinations to obtain a variety of information including medical history and background; determine the type of care or community service the patient will need; observe patients for signs of intoxication or possible use of illegal drugs; document observations.
8. Meet with patients in order to discuss and inform them of their laboratory test and exam results; educate patients regarding their illness; make and provide appropriate referrals.
• Degree from an accredited Nurse Practitioner program
• Licensure by the State Board of Medical Examiners of South Carolina is required.
• Registered Medical Examiner on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration's National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners Preferred
• Maintain state and national certification, as required.
Valid and current malpractice insurance in the amount of $1 million per occurrence and covering all services rendered under the subcontract is maintained for the duration of the subcontract.
• Must have 3 year's as a Nurse Practitioner, experience.
• Possess thorough knowledge of primary care and demonstrated competency in providing services as a Nurse Practitioner.
• Experience in orthopedic evaluation and occupational medicine is desired.
• Skilled in history taking, performing physicals and evaluating illnesses and injuries.
• Demonstrate strong customer service interpersonal skills sufficient to interact and explain goals of therapy, and provide instruction and optimize cooperation.
Work Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week. Schedule to be determined to meet clinic demands
Area Security Access: Clearance:
An initial clearance is not required.
For persons with disabilities: If you require assistance completing, or are unable to complete the online resume/application process, please contact:
Human Resources @ (803) 644-0070
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 4pm
237 High Gate Loop
Aiken, SC 29803
Value Added Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
175 page view(s)