Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: OAK RIDGE
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 45661
ENERCON Services Inc., doing business for the Federal Government through our wholly owned subsidiary, ENERCON Federal Services (EFS), provides engineering and environmental services to many branches of the Federal Government. With extensive experience in engineering design, nuclear safety, decommissioning and environmental services, we are actively supporting large and small projects throughout the DOE complex. EFS also has current experience supporting operations and decommissioning efforts at US Army Corps of Engineers and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) facilities.
We are currently recruiting for a Project Deployed Project Controls Engineer to represent ENERCON at a customer site in Oak Ridge, TN. We hope to fill this position ASAP, and it is expected to last through July 2020 (extension possible). Per diem not offered.
The selected professional will be responsible for project controls implementation in subproject baselines. The PCE receives operational supervision from the Manager of Project Controls and his/her Deputy; and receives technical direction and programmatic guidance from the Project Deployed Project Controls Supervisor.
• Provide day-to-day project controls support to Project Managers and their respective teams
• Implement functional direction in day-to-day activities
• Implement UCOR's Integrated Safety Management System through use of the 5 core functions and 7 guiding principles in planning and execution of work
• Perform cost engineering, analysis and control, schedule development, maintenance, and monitoring activities
• Support project organization and administrative activities when delegated
• Provide guidance to PMs and Project Team on Project Controls issues
• Prepare monthly job man-hour and cost reports for comparing budget and actual data on projects
• Enter the costs and man-hour estimates into the performance monitoring system for projects
• Analyze trends and problems in relation to cost and/or schedule data
• Prepare cost-trend estimates and assist in the preparation of change orders for projects
• Prepare and status project schedules in Primavera Project Planner
• Review and verify schedule status based on project team and subcontractor input for actual progress
• Prepare Monthly Progress Reports and presentations that include descriptions of activities completed and analysis of updated schedules
• Work with project team members to analyze problems and recommend solutions
• Develop, maintain, and control integrated baselines
• Prepare budget request documents to include opening of project cost codes and providing subcontract accrual data
• Review time charges against projects and coordinate corrections as necessary
• Prepare, analyze, and present cost, estimating, planning, scheduling, and performance information to management
• Support management team at meetings, i.e. Project Performance Reviews, Project Status Reviews, Monthly Status Reviews, Life-Cycle Baseline meetings, funding meetings, and misc. data calls
• Support internal, DOE, I.G., and GAO audits as required
• Bachelors Degree in business, science, or any appropriate field
• At least 3 years of project controls related experience required; 8-10 years of scheduling experience preferred
• Advanced knowledge of P6 and scheduling required
• Thorough understanding of earned value management (EVM) techniques required
• Cost experience preferred
ENERCON Services is a 32-year old, engineering and technical services consulting company, providing premier services to companies in the energy, utility, and industrial verticals, as well as to governmental agencies across the US and Internationally. ENERCON is fully owned by our employees, and offers excellent benefits and career opportunities. To learn more about ENERCON, visit us at enercon.com.
ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
89 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.