Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
E2 offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off. Qualified candidates only please submit your resume. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Provide process engineering expertise to support the Sludge Treatment Project (STP) and Engineering Management to test and commission an integrated set of process systems to remove radioactive sludge currently stored in the 105K West Basin. This material will be transported to the Central Plateau for interim storage pending final treatment.
- Produce process system documentation to facilitate loading of sludge material and compliant transfer/storage to the Central Plateau.
- Perform all work safely and in compliance with environmental obligations using the core functions and core elements of the Integrated Safety Management System/Environmental Management System (ISMS/EMS).
- Take responsibility for personal safety and the safety of coworkers.
- Participate in work planning, hazard identification and control, and work performance within the specified controls including feedback and continuous improvement, and stop work responsibility.
- Routinely make decisions that affect organizational milestones and incentives.
- Position requires minimal management direction.
- Identify opportunities and risks, and make recommendations affecting organizational or STP strategy and use innovative approached to develop solutions to complex problems within established policy.
A Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering plus a minimum of ten years engineering experience, of those a minimum of five years direct experience in nuclear facility design and/or operation. Alternatively, the candidate can substitute a professional engineer’s license or advanced technical degree for five years’ experience provided they possess the five years of nuclear facility experience.
Demonstrated leadership skills in coordinating multi-disciplined engineering teams in the completion of design products. Must have experience in the development/maintenance of piping & instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs) and process flow diagrams (PFDs).
Knowledgeable in implementing nuclear safety requirements in hardware designs.
Demonstrate effective communication skills, creativity, adaptive thinking and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and/or solving complex or novel engineering problems.
Certification or Maintained Training/Knowledge:
- CHPRC qualified Engineer and Design Authority.
- Possess working knowledge of CHPRC Engineering Procedures/Practices
- Experience in design & operation of systems to transport highly radioactive abrasive slurries and execution of the construction, commissioning, & operations phases of the project.
Security Clearance Required: No
Testing Designated Position: No
Commercial Driver Lic: No
Nuclear Facility Position: No
Occupational Medical Screening: No
EJTA: No Occupational Medical Surveillance Programs Identified.
PREFERRED METHOD OF APPLICATION IS THROUGH OUR ONLINE JOB SYSTEM. If you need accommodation or alternate method of resume submittal, please contact our Aiken, SC office.
E2 Consulting Engineers is an AA/EEO/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
81 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.