Crane Operator (18456)
Posted by: BHI Energy <firstname.lastname@example.org> on November 18, 2017 at 09:17:01. Click here to reply to this post via Email.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 66839
BHI Energy is looking to fill positions created by our expanding nuclear maintenance projects and outage contracts. These will be long and short term assignments located in the Midwest. While previous nuclear power generation experience is heavily desired, we will consider candidates with other heavy industrial maintenance experience.
The Crane Operator must be proficient in the operation of gantry and mobile cranes in support of movement of various materials during maintenance activities.
1. Perform daily per-use inspection of equipment being used.
2. Participate in pre-job briefings.
3. Operate crane in safe manner according to manufactures specifications and guidance of signalman in charge of lifts.
4. Use and properly operate basic rigging equipment/tooling i.e. slings, chokers, cables,
come-a-longs, chain falls, shackles, eye bolts, beam clamps, etc.
1. Verify per-use equipment inspections have been completed prior to crane operation
2. Follow safe work practices
3. Use administrative documents, procedures, data sheets/forms properly.
4. Climb and work from ladders and scaffolding
5. Lift minimum of fifty pounds.
EDUCATION I EXPERIENCE:
1. NCCO Certification or equivalent qualification
2. Minimum of 4 years operating experience
1. Personnel must pass a physical examination including vision and hearing test
2. Must be qualified rigger and signalman in accordance with applicable plant procedures
3. Be qualified to perform routine equipment inspections as required by plant procedures and as specified by OSHA regulation 1910.179 and 1910.180.
4. Must certify qualifications per plant specific procedure in a manner similar to the following:
a. Attend refresher training, pass a written examination and a practical operation exam or
b. Provide documentation of classroom training including a written exam and site operating practical
5. Annual site requalification
2028 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.