Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: Avila Beach
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 93424
Shift Control Technician Avila Beach, CA
Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
Diablo Canyon Power Plant's (DCPP) Instrument and Control Section is responsible for maintenance and repairs of all power plant alarm, control, indication, and protection instrument channels to maintain safe and reliable operation of the plant.
This is an IBEW Local 1245 represented classification, which has over 100 years of experience representing employees at PG&E.
This is a shift worker position, employee will be required to work shift work (different shift schedules).
This position is responsible for testing, calibrating, maintaining, and installing power plant control, monitoring, computer, alarm and indicating systems, and their individual components. These will include digital and analog computer controls, protection systems, and logging or monitoring systems; automatic boiler light-off and combustion control systems; temperature, pressure, level and flow control and indicating systems; radiation measurement and environmental monitoring equipment and accessories; test and laboratory equipment. You may also maintain in-plant communication systems and assist plant engineers in performing and evaluating plant tests.
To obtain and maintain employment and unescorted access at DCPP, you must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen, a security background check, psychological screen, computer-based training, and be subject to random drug and alcohol screening.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Must possess a valid California drivers license or ability to obtain one on first day of employment
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds a minimum of one time a day
- 3 years of instrument and control (I&C) experience including 1 year of I&C training
- Nuclear experience from a commercial power plant or the military
- Experience with electrical, electronic, pneumatic equipment
- Experience using measuring and test equipment
- Possess basic tool skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess intermediate computer skills (MS Office, SAP) and mechanical skills
- Demonstrated ability to use technical drawings.
- Conduct inspection of controls, components, control devices and equipment to determine extent of repairs needed and to identify needed replacement parts; uses gauges, voltmeter, calipers and trade specific testing tools; uses computerized testing equipment to test or calibrate electronic components; uses hand tools and power tools to perform preventative and scheduled maintenance; performs cleaning, lubricating, and adjusting, references work order packages, blueprints, schematics and manuals.
- Install, maintain, and repair various types of controls, adjust and calibrate equipment; perform necessary modifications to equipment and devices; repair or replace non-operative equipment and devices; and conduct operational tests on repaired equipment to ensure quality of the repaired units.
- Record equipment maintenance and repair histories, including all parts used, identified problems, findings, proposed solutions, inspection reports; access electronic service/parts manuals and catalogs; maintain records on equipment, calibration records and reports.
- Receive and orient to job specific instructions, including reading and interpreting plans, drawings, sketches, blueprints, notations and work histories; schedule work to meet specified start and completion dates; prepare list of needed equipment, materials, tools, parts, supplies and records; and review individual job sites and work layout.
120 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.