Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 77001
The Turbine Generator Specialty Service (TGSS) - Field Tech - Welder position performs welding on a customer site in order to meet the required manufacturing and engineering specifications on turbine & generator equipment in a field service environment.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years training leading to Diploma or Certificate from technical/trade school or apprentice program in welding or manufacturing. Diploma Major preferred in Welding Technology.
• Minimum of three years welding experience.
• Ability to use all types of precision measuring tools preferred.
• Skilled in use of manual SMAW, GTAW, GMAW, FCAW welding processes.
• Skilled in use of oxygen and acetylene cutting torch, carbon air arc and plasma cutter.
• Capable of passing 6G position heavy wall weld test using both GTAW and SMAW process on both carbon and stainless steel.
• Mechanical skills for precision assembly of turbine blades and components.
• Ability and willingness for Heavy Travel (75% or more)... All business expenses are paid.
• Ability and willingness to lift 50 pounds required.
• Flexibility and willingness to work a high percentage of overtime - including 12 hour shifts.
• Flexibility and willingness to work various shifts arrangements.
• Ability to pass drug screen and extensive background investigation ... Must also be able to obtain unescorted nuclear plant access.
• Valid driver's license.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
• Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
• Eligible candidate will be given a written machining proficiency test prior to performing any machine work.
Individuals with some of the required skills but possessing less than the minimum education and experience requirements identified may be considered.
DESIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENICES:
• Basic PC/Laptop skills for using our timekeeping and expense systems, as well as email usage.
• Basic machining knowledge.
• Knowledge of automated welding systems.
58 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.