Posted by: BHI Energy <email@example.com> on November 17, 2017 at 09:17:01. Click here to reply to this post via Email.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 66839
Lay out, fabricate, assembles, install, and maintain piping and systems, fixtures, and equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, and/or industrial processing systems.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Selects type and size of pipe and related materials according to job specifications.
- Cut pipe using saws, torches, and/or a pipe machine.
- Thread pipe using threading machine.
- Bend pipe using a pipe bending machine.
- Assemble and install a variety of metal and nonmetal pipe and pipe fittings, including those made of brass, copper, lead, carbon, stainless steel, and plastic.
- Join pipe through threading, soldering, and preparing pipe for welding by a pipe welder.
- Secure pipes to structures with clamps, brackets, and hangers, using hand or power tools.
- Test piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
- Maintain knowledge of all tools required to perform the pipe discipline.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, & Experience:
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Follow instructions and read blueprints.
- Work at heights with comfort and ease.
- Use logical step-by-step procedures in work.
- Plan work and solve problems.
- Make decisions based on measurable information.
- Perform a variety of duties which may change often and operate machinery.
- Visualize objects in three-dimensions from plans and drawings.
- Able to pass a urinalysis and background check. Possess 4 yrs. experience in industry as a Pipe Fitter.
- Communicate effectively in a technical environment and be able to use power tools necessary to perform assigned work.
- High school diploma or GED.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans
1353 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.