Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Williams Industrial Services
Payroll Clerk Site Timekeeper
Assist management in daily operations of department. Responsible for various specific duties which include processing time cards, payroll, quarterly reports, W-2ís and tax account reconciliations. Perform required clerical functions including computation of required and voluntary deductions, preparation and verification necessary to process payroll checks, and maintenance of payroll records and reports. Prepare and submit various governmental reports and reconcile various accounts
* Compile payroll data, such as hours worked, employee identification number and related information from time sheets and other records.
* Enter data or compute and post wages and reconcile errors to maintain payroll records, use computer, enter timecard data into computer and post to payroll records.
* Review wages computed and correct errors to ensure accuracy of payroll and communicate with jobsite personnel to reduce errors. Run standard system reports, i.e., time and pay edits, and certified payroll reports.
* Record changes affecting net wages, such as exemptions, for each employee to update master payroll records.
* Record data concerning transfer of employees between departments.
* Process and issue employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
* Audit weekly 40 hour exception reports, process W-4ís, PAF's and craft transfers. Process Quarterly and Annual Tax Reports and reconciliations to the General Ledger.
* The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; ability to lift 25 pounds.
* Knowledge of payroll processing procedures
* Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices
* Strong mathematical skills
* Ability to operate 10-key calculator and other basic office equipment such as typewriter, copier, fax machine, etc.; good data entry skills
* Proficient knowledge in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook and database applications
* Demonstrate a motivation to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times to all employees and management
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive material
* Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines
* Use resources effectively to generate solutions; take initiative when resolving problems
* Ability to work in a non-traditional office setting; a field office which may be enclosed or in an open area of an office trailer or customer building at a project. The conditions may include frequent personnel visits and a high level of activity and possible disruption
* The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms
* Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
* Ability to type on a keyboard
* Ability to converse over a telephone
* Ability to lift 25 pounds
High school diploma or GED required; equivalent experience considered at the discretion of management
One to three years of payroll processing experience required
* Must be able to be badged at U.S. commercial nuclear and non-nuclear power plants
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel regardless of job title or routine job duties.
68 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.