Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Williams Industrial Services
Site Support Technician
Responsible for assisting on site users with technical support of desktop computers, applications and related technology. Support includes installation and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established guidelines. Employee will also assist in the maintenance and testing of on-site infrastructure, and associated equipment.
* Assist staff with the installation, configuration and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software.
* Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers and administrative systems.
* Work with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software.
* Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
* Help plan and monitor network and system capacity and functionality.
* Work closely with Network Administrators and Engineers to identify and resolve site connectivity/performance issues.
* Contribute to and maintain system standards.
* Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
* Other duties as required.
* Ability to install software, patches, updates on Desktops, and Laptops.
* Ability to troubleshoot basic network, software, printing problems.
* Proficient knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, and other MS Office products.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Excellent problem-solving skills.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to details.
* Ability to multi-task and handle varying tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
* Awareness of IT Network and Infrastructure architecture.
* Hands-on experience with Network and telecommunication hardware, including Cisco Routers, switches, and CradlePoints preferred.
* Knowledge of routing and switching equipment and protocols preferred.
* Knowledge of carrier networks preferred.
* Knowledge of Cisco IP telephony preferred.
* Ability to interact with individuals at all organizational levels; conducts self in polite and professional manner.
* Demonstrates a motivation to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times to all employees and management.
* Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
* Uses resources effectively to generate solutions; takes initiative when resolving problems.
* Will work primarily on the project site, may work in an office environment.
* Ability to physically climb stairs, balance on scaffolding, access small, confined spaces and work in excessive heat and/or cold environments while on site.
* Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
* Ability to type on a keyboard.
* Ability to converse on a telephone.
* Ability to transport materials or equipment or lifting, moving, carrying objects up to 50 pounds on a limited basis.
* Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
* Experience supporting Windows desktop/laptop PCs.
* Customer Service Experience a must.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions.It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform.All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
227 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.