Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Oak Ridge
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 37830
Project Controls Engineer (Cost Analysis)
Per Diem: Not Available
Contract Length: Long Term
Pay Range: $19.79 to $48.66
Education: Bachelor degree in engineering, business, science, or any appropriate field
• Three years project controls related experience.
• Knowledge of project controls principles, good computer and communication skills, and thorough understanding of earned value management techniques.
• Additional applicable experience can replace a bachelor degree.
The Project Deployed Project Controls Engineer (PCE) is responsible for project controls implementation in subproject baselines.
The PCE receives operational supervision from the Manager of Project Controls and his/her Deputy and receives technical direction and programmatic guidance from the Project Deployed Project Controls Supervisor.
• Provide day-to-day project controls support to Project Managers and their respective teams.
• Implement functional direction in day-to-day activities.
• Implement UCOR's lntegrated Safety Management System through use of the five core functions and seven guiding principles in planning and execution of work.
• Perform cost engineering, analysis and control, schedule development, maintenance, and monitoring activities.
• Support project organizational and administrative activities when delegated.
• Provide guidance to Project Managers and Project Team members on Project Controls issues.
• Prepare monthly job man-hour and cost reports for comparing budget and actual data on projects.
• Enter the costs and man-hour estimates into the performance monitoring system for projects.
• Analyze trends and problems in relation to cost and /o r schedule data.
• Prepare cost-trend estimates and assist in the preparation of change orders for projects.
• Prepare and status project schedules in Primavera Project Planner.
• Review and verify schedule status based on project team and subcontractor input for actual progress.
• Prepare Monthly Progress Reports and presentations that include descriptions of activities completed and analysis of updated schedules.
• Work with project team members to analyze problems and recommend solutions.
• Develop, maintain, and control integrated baselines.
• Prepare budget request documents to include opening of project cost codes and providing subcontract accrual data.
• Review time charges against projects and coordinate corrections as necessary.
• Prepare, analyze, and present cost, estimating, planning, scheduling, and performance information to management.
• Support management team at meetings, i.e. Project Performance Reviews, Project Status Reviews, Monthly Status Reviews, Life Cycle Baseline meetings, funding meetings, and misc. data calls.
• Support internal, DOE, LG., and GAO audits as required.
For persons with disabilities: If you require assistance completing, or are unable to complete the online resume/application process, please contact:
Ginger Jamrog @ (865) 425-7580
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 4pm
706 S. Illinois Ave., Ste. D-105
Oak Ridge, TN 37830
Value Added Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment.
To apply, please visit our career page at https://valueaddedsolutions.mua.hrdepartment.com/hrdepartment/ats/JobSearch/viewAll or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
115 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.