I&C Technician (25519)
Posted by: BHI Energy on November 16, 2017 at 09:17:01.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 49106
This is a long term opportunity for I&C Technicians. Start dates will be available throughout the rest of the year. Must be able to provide documented proof of previous I&C fundemental training/qualifiations.
Perform I&C services in accordance with work packages, drawings, specifications, procedures and instructions provided by Client. This work shall include removal, installation, testing, commissioning, operations support and maintenance of plant structures/systems/components, completion of work package documentation and other associated activities as directed by Client.
Must be able to demonstrate and provide documented proof of previous training and provide the
objective level of content of that training in order to grant qualification in the following areas:
- Knowledge and demonstrated capabilities in the theory, installation, calibration, troubleshooting, and repair of general instrumentation and controls, including:
- Pressure, flow, and temperature instrumentation, including gauges, transmitter, and
- Ultrasonic and radar flow and level transmitters and sensors
- Wire terminations, including splicing, lugging, and Raychem, in accordance with design
- Instrumentation tube installation, including bending, cutting, and Swagelok fittings
- Fiber optic troubleshooting, terminations, and splicing
- Current, voltage, and watt meters
- Digital recorders and devices
- Programmable logic controllers
- Digital systems
• Proficiency in the use and understanding of:
- Electrical elementary drawings
- Wiring diagrams
- Process and instrumentation diagrams
- Flow diagrams
- General layout drawings
• Experience in functional testing of the following to verify safe and proper operation of systems
and equipment prior to and after initial equipment/system operation:
- Control circuits
- Switchgear/motor control center breakers and controls
• General knowledge areas:
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Automated external defibrillator (AED) certification
- Human performance fundamentals
- Safety as it applies to a general plant worker
- Safety as it applies to instrumentation and electrical work
- Clearance permit system; lock-out/tag-out principles
Examples of documented proof of previous training are:
- Records/transcripts from an accredited nuclear power training program (Le., other nuclear power plants)
- Industrial training documentation
- Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) Standardized Task Evaluation (STE)
- National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) Certification in Industrial Instrumentation
- lSA Certified Control Systems Technician (CCST) Program
- NCCER level, 2, or 3 Certification
- Vendor training records/certifications
- National Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee (NJATC) training records
- Other applicable technical certifications
554 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.