Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Oak Ridge
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 37830
GEM Technologies, Inc. (GEM), headquartered in Knoxville, TN, was established in 1994 and since that time has excelled in providing quality engineering and technical services, facility and infrastructure management, construction and environmental services to federal government agencies, state and municipal governments, universities, and an assortment of private industry enterprises. For additional information about GEM please visit us online at www.gemtechnologiesinc.com.
To apply for this job, or others, please visit our careers page at http://careers.gemtechnologiesinc.com.
This position will serve the Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge, TN.
• Services are required for an Electrical Engineer to support startup, troubleshooting, testing, and design modifications for plant electrical systems from medium through low voltage.
• Duties may include walkdown of existing systems, preparation of calculations, drawings, data sheets, specifications, and creating test plans, working as an integral part of a project team.
• Typical electrical drawings may include one-line diagrams, wiring diagrams, lighting/power plans, installation details, feeder/circuit sizing; instrumentation to include control system diagrams, loop diagrams, and conduit/cable schedules.
• A thorough understanding of and demonstrated previous application of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and other similar national consensus standards is desired.
• Must be able to support construction and operational activities related to design outputs.
• A Q-clearance is required.
• Extensive design experience and prior experience with the electrical systems, facilities, procedures, and processes.
GEM Technologies Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
126 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.