Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Seeking an estimator with 5+ years of nuclear estimating experience. This is a direct position located in Jackson, MS. Competitive salary and benefits package, relocation is available. Please send updated resume and salary requirements.
The Project Estimator has functional responsibility for developing estimates for site and Major Projects in support of Project Delivery Systems requirements and for directing, communicating, and providing feedback to the corporate Estimator.
1. Provide onsite performance of the estimating process and provide support to site project managers to ensure consistency in estimate development and procedure adherence.
2. Develop project estimates for site and Major Projects, including FVET and EVAL model development in support of the Project Delivery System requirements.
3. Utilize standard Entergy estimating tools and procedures to ensure cost data tables and unit rates are updated appropriately.
4. Ensure estimates are supported with Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), assumptions, alternatives, and other supporting documentation, to ensure consistency, accuracy, completeness, and compliance with established procedures.
5. Update estimates as required during the project life cycle and ensure impacted stakeholder’s reviews and approvals are included with the project documentation file.
6. Develop/maintain/produce metrics/reports which monitor performance, such as estimate quality, estimating aging, estimate compared to actual recorded cost, etc.
Minimum education required of the position
BS degree in engineering, related technical degree or equivalent. Equivalent is defined as 6 years of estimating experience associated with power plant operations and/or major projects.
55 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.